S

Sridhar C

Enthusiast
Has anyone seen the new JVC 3 chip DLA projector with 15,000:1 contrast ratio in action?

L

LEVESQUE

Junior Audioholic
That's not a really good link. Fleener is a dealer pushing a 3 years old Infocus projector he's selling. :rolleyes: You shouldn't take anything he's saying seriously.

I have 2 HD-1 at home (RS-1 clone), and it's easily the best projector under 20K$ IMHO I've seen.

I was also able to try the Sharp 20K (1 chip 1080p DLP)and it's simply too dim. Not enough light ouput. The 20K has alot of strong points over the JVC, like CMS for color accuracy and higher ANSI CR, but wih anything else then a tiny little screen, it simply don't cut it.

On anything bigger then a 80-100" screen, the Sharp is way too dim. The JVC is alot brighter. And after watching them side-by-side, the JVC was simply a better projector. And this even if they were the same price. But they are not. The JVC cost less.

I've seen the new 3 chip DLP 1080p by Vidikron last week (10X the price of the JVC) and I was far from being impressed. This monster can light a 40' wide screen and is a true light-cannon, but that's all. CR was too low (around 3000:1). The JVC is superior on a regular screen in a standard home theater, with more depth.

I sold my Sony Ruby VPL-VW100 after trying the JVC. The HD-1/RS-1 is simply a better projector.

JVC made a strange decision and went with oversaturated color (the Sony Ruby and Sony Pearl are ALSO oversaturated the same way with approximately the same CIE charts). So you need an external scaler to tame the oversaturation a bit.

People are complaining about the lack of controls to calibrate the grayscale. But OOTB, on my 2 HD-1, the grayscale was totally flat (dE less then 1 all across)! We will see what will happens with the bulb drifting after a while, but the controls in the JVC are good enough IMHO to properly calibrate the grayscale to compensate.

1080p24 was a major point for me with my Blu-ray player. Working great with the JVC.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
That's not a really good link. Fleener is a dealer pushing a 3 years old Infocus projector he's selling. :rolleyes: You shouldn't take anything he's saying seriously.

I have 2 HD-1 at home (RS-1 clone), and it's easily the best projector under 20K$ IMHO I've seen.

I was also able to try the Sharp 20K (1 chip 1080p DLP)and it's simply too dim. Not enough light ouput. The 20K has alot of strong points over the JVC, like CMS for color accuracy and higher ANSI CR, but wih anything else then a tiny little screen, it simply don't cut it.

On anything bigger then a 80-100" screen, the Sharp is way too dim. The JVC is alot brighter. And after watching them side-by-side, the JVC was simply a better projector. And this even if they were the same price. But they are not. The JVC cost less.

I've seen the new 3 chip DLP 1080p by Vidikron last week (10X the price of the JVC) and I was far from being impressed. This monster can light a 40' wide screen and is a true light-cannon, but that's all. CR was too low (around 3000:1). The JVC is superior on a regular screen in a standard home theater, with more depth.

I sold my Sony Ruby VPL-VW100 after trying the JVC. The HD-1/RS-1 is simply a better projector.

JVC made a strange decision and went with oversaturated color (the Sony Ruby and Sony Pearl are ALSO oversaturated the same way with approximately the same CIE charts). So you need an external scaler to tame the oversaturation a bit.

People are complaining about the lack of controls to calibrate the grayscale. But OOTB, on my 2 HD-1, the grayscale was totally flat (dE less then 1 all across)! We will see what will happens with the bulb drifting after a while, but the controls in the JVC are good enough IMHO to properly calibrate the grayscale to compensate.

1080p24 was a major point for me with my Blu-ray player. Working great with the JVC.

Great, thanks for the enlightenment on this:D
Interesting that the Sony 100 will accept 1080p/24 on its component input; finding a player that will do that is another issue. :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis