• Not Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
hyghwayman

hyghwayman

Audioholic
Jvc Av-27f577

Pros:)
3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter, ATSC/QAM Tuner, 6500K Color Temperature, MTS Stereo/Dolby AC3, Dolby Digital output via TOS optical out

Cons:(
No video output, Requires two persons to move, due to size, not weight only 94.6 lbs.

The Bottom Line:D
This DTV has a great picture from OTA broadcast, even better when watching DVD's and playing games using component hook up. Use a Surround Sound Receiver for MAX audio experience.

Software Version:confused:
Application: f107
Kernal: 0101
Loader: 0019
Board: 0003

Personal Review:cool:
This is a SDTV with NTSC and ATSC tuners, that can receive analog and digital OTA broadcast. It is not a HDTV, but will receive HD OTA broadcast W/ a simple indoor HD antenna that will be viewed in SD. This TV has 4:3 aspect ratio with the 16:9 option and a zoom for OTA HD.(to remove the black bars on the sides)

WOW what a diff. between analog and digital! I live in the Dayton Ohio area and I am able to receive all local broadcast I use to get only (6 channels) w/ my 1990 JVC , now I get up to 25 programs via local and distant over the air broadcast in standard def. and high def. using a indoor Philips HD antenna . I am also receiving broadcast from Cincy and Springfeild Ohio along w/ another from Ky.
With this TV my viewing choices have more than tripled . Plus watching the programs now in SD and HD is so much better(cleaner) and w/ the audio in Dolby Digital which I have going to my Pioneer VSX-816K receiver.

We watched the Sunday night show Family Guy, it looked like I was watching a DVD, the colors were so bright and crisp. It all looks great, just got done playing some Halo2 online and it looked pretty good even using composite video. Am watching Pirates of the Caribbean DEAD MAN'S CHEST right now using component video and I can deff. see a better picture (finer detail) on this TV compared to my 1990 26" JVC TV.
Watching OTA local broadcast is like having cable w/ out the cost. So happy I finally moved into the Digital age!

I bought this TV (to replace my 1990 JVC analog TV, which still has a great picture) at my local HHGREGG on sale for $369.97 (My price was $329.97 after I asked the sales person if I could get a discount)! That's $40.oo off their already low price! $120.oo off the MSRP!

Update
After having a week to play around w/ this TV, I have found that the Volume Limiter only limits the max volume output.
So when watching a OTA broadcast, at say ( 10 ) a comfortable level and you have the VL set to ( 10 ), if a commercial comes on and it's volume is above the max ( 10 ) the volume output will be lowered and when the program which you were watching comes back on the volume will be lowered also, which causes you to reset the volume. Making this feature useless, unless you have young children who may get their hands on the remote and turn the volume all the way up.

hyghwayman

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis