Just switched to BJC cables for my HT

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Ok call me crazy but after a few hours of analyzing :p I am definately without a dought getting more base now and I know its not in my mind. The question is why ? Is it from not bi-wiring anymore and or going from 12 to 10 gauge and The BJC CABLE .

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
OMG me want more pics! :D

And I wanna see that thing sleeved! haha

Arrrgh it gives me the urge to buy some for myself! haha

Damn nice cables!

Last edited:
mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
BTW, when you're on BJC website and you order a terminated 10 footer of 5T00UP for 35.50$... is it terminated at both ends?
And why is it 10$ more if they are already installed than if you order them separately? Isn't it easy enough to install them or do I really need some special equipment or else?

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
BTW, when you're on BJC website and you order a terminated 10 footer of 5T00UP for 35.50$... is it terminated at both ends?
And why is it 10$ more if they are already installed than if you order them separately? Isn't it easy enough to install them or do I really need some special equipment or else?
There was a review on BJC speaker cable 10 awg by Gene. He ordered the speaker wire in bulk then terminated himself. He goes through how to do it.

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/cables/blue-jeans-10awg-speaker-cable-5t00up

For those DIY-ers here is how you terminate these cables: (Taken from the link above)

Step #1: Cut the cables to desired length
Step #2; Using a utility blade, make about a 3 inch slit in the center of the PVC jacket .

Note: Be careful not to slice the conductors.

Step #3: Cut away excessive PVC tubing.
Step #4: Shave off about 3/4" insulation from all four conductors on each cable
Step #5: Using a small flat head screw driver, loosen the two screws in the locking banana plug
Step #6: Remove the green pvc tube insert (why they have these I have no idea, but they are frustrating to remove after doing it more than a half dozen times)
Step #7: Insert the termination barrel into the cable conductor (make sure you do this before attaching the connector assembly).
Step #8: Tighten down the screws on each connector (double check your polarity is consistent on both ends of the cable)
Step #9: Give a tug on all connectors to ensure a tight fit has been achieved.
Step #10: Repeat steps #1-9 for next cable

Last edited:
mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
Thanks for the links/steps. Anyway I'll have to remove the connectors to put some pants and sleeving on the wires so might as well order them separately.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thanks for the links/steps. Anyway I'll have to remove the connectors to put some pants and sleeving on the wires so might as well order them separately.
I dont think you'll have to remove the plugs depending on the material, the ones im looking at will be able to slide over the plugs and is pliable
OMG me want more pics! :D

And I wanna see that thing sleeved! haha

Arrrgh it gives me the urge to buy some for myself! haha

Damn nice cables!
LOL Thanks, I really like them and yes they will be sleeved eventually.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis