H

harleydave

Audioholic Intern
Started getting in to home theater/audio a couple months ago. I've been lurking here and learning quite a bit so felt it was time I joined. Had a budget so couldn't really afford high end components. My system so far:

Yamaha Aventage RX-A2A AVR
Speakers all Klipsch:
RP600mii Front L/R
RP504cii Center
RP402s Surround
R-121sw Sub
I recently build my own audio stand out of threaded rod and wood. I also bought wood, fabric and insulation and made my own acoustic panels and placed behind front speakers. I'm going to build some ceiling ones this weekend. I'm going to also order a microphone and try my hand learning REW. Any input greatly appreciated. This is a great site with a lot of information.
wholesystem.jpg
tatladies.jpg
skulls.jpg
center.jpg

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Keeping a thermostat set to 71 degrees wastes a great deal of energy. Keep it at 68 , and you will have more money for your new hobby ! :)
(also, your dog or cat is out of water)

H

harleydave

Audioholic Intern
Keeping a thermostat set to 71 degrees wastes a great deal of energy. Keep it at 68 , and you will have more money for your new hobby ! :)
(also, your dog or cat is out of water)
Thermostat is set to 68 room temp is 71. My wife had oven on drove temp up. Have 3 rooms with water dishes. These 2 drink like horses:)
room1.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nice work on the stands....are the speaker stands fastened to the floor or have a bigger base out of sight? Why are there two sets of speaker wires? Might benefit from using slightly longer speaker wire so you can hide them better.....

H

harleydave

Audioholic Intern
Nice work on the stands....are the speaker stands fastened to the floor or have a bigger base out of sight? Why are there two sets of speaker wires? Might benefit from using slightly longer speaker wire so you can hide them better.....
They are fastened to the floor. I decided to try biamping the 2 bookshelf speakers. Didn't hide wire yet because I'm on the fence if I'm keeping it like that.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
They are fastened to the floor. I decided to try biamping the 2 bookshelf speakers. Didn't hide wire yet because I'm on the fence if I'm keeping it like that.
Bi-Amping is kinda worthless in the best of situations.
In yours, it's just reducing the output of that Yamaha by making it run two more amps for no good reason.

H

harleydave

Audioholic Intern
Bi-Amping is kinda worthless in the best of situations.
In yours, it's just reducing the output of that Yamaha by making it run two more amps for no good reason.
Good to know. I'm going to wire them back up normal. I read that some people say it makes a huge difference. I really didn't notice and audible difference from when they were hooked up normal.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis