Just ordered my 65" VT30

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
And it may be here as early as Friday! Got it from Best Buy, also bought two extra sets of glasses and Avatar. I could careless about 3D, but the wifey wanted it. Super excited, going to wall mount this thing on a Monoprice XL mount (already have it).

Before and after pics to come.

E

EDM95

Audioholic Intern
So would it be 3d all the time? Might get a headache watching 3d all day everyday.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Nice purchase.

EDM - it's not 3d all the time, it's only 3d for 3d movies and stuff.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Yes I am super excited. After this I am going to try to find a closeout on a AVR-3311 unless further testing shows the 3312 to be that much better (and it's cheaper). From there it is an Oppo BR player and then in the fall, a full Axiom of Paradigm 5.1 speaker setup!

OmegaRED

OmegaRED

Audiophyte
*******, the 63 VT25 was badass enough but another 2 inches...wow. I haven't seen the VT30 in action but it's got to be amazing and I'd take that display over a projector if I had the choice.

G

Guavamanh

Junior Audioholic
Nice man, congrats! I've been reading the ST30, GT30 and VT30 forums on AVS Forum for the past couple of months. Have discount with the EPP but dunno if I can pull the trigger on the VT30.. 65" size for sure... but ST30 is such a great bang for the buck value. GT sounds like it has more issues, so if I was going to spend more, I'd go from ST to VT for the one sheet glass/thin awesome design and better blacks/processing/24fps and included pair of 3D glasses :D Of course reality is that I will probably settle for the ST. So jealous!

Mika75

Mika75

Audioholic
The Pana styling this year is much improved, looking forward to ur impressions and pics :)

S

SocyFisher

Enthusiast
Good for you. We can't for the pic, please make it sooner. How much did it cost you? I know 60-inch GT30 is at $2799.

L

Leaky Waders

Audiophyte
I expect the 3D tv to be a short lived fad. I'll stick to the 2D myself.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I expect the 3D tv to be a short lived fad. I'll stick to the 2D myself.
Don't bet on that. All 3D requires is a 120hz display, which all good ones are, and a source which can deliver 3D - which almost all new BD players can and cable/satellite is delivering in some parts.

3D may not be your cup of tea, but it is here to stay.

Fortunately, just like Blu-ray, HDTVs, and CDs, you can choose to ignore it if you aren't interested, but don't confuse progression of technology with a fad. Especially when that progression already piggybacks on the technology in the best displays.

Bottom line: You can't get the best display currently made WITHOUT it being 3D.

You can't get the best Blu-ray player on the market right now without it being 3D either.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Sorry guys, got married, went to Cancun for 7 days, then started my new job. The TV is mounted and looks AMAZING. I haven't even tried 3D yet (could care less about it, it's for the wife) and haven't tweaked the settings any (haven't had time).

I know you can walk into BestBuy and look at the 9000 Series Samsung LCD LED Tv from last year and love the color, but the picture quality/clarity is 10x better on the Panny and much more real.

I paid $3999 for it at Best Buy, 3 years interest free and got the 4 year warranty as well as the extra 2 pack of glasses with Avatar 3D (only comes with one pair) all out the door for a little over $5200 with tax.

I'll get pics tonight.

1fastsuv

Enthusiast
Yes I am super excited. After this I am going to try to find a closeout on a AVR-3311 unless further testing shows the 3312 to be that much better (and it's cheaper). From there it is an Oppo BR player and then in the fall, a full Axiom of Paradigm 5.1 speaker setup!
The salesman at Best Buy talked me into buying the GT version of your setup. I've had it for about two weeks and love it! I debated on getting the VT but I was too impatient to wait. Which mount did you go with? I want to get mine on the wall too. Nice setup! I was also curious about which setting you have yours set to. I switch back and forth between THX and Vivid. I can't believe how crisp everything is.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Nope, it's on a Monoprice XL mount and I LOVE the height. It is perfect for both my wife and I. I wish I had mounted my 46'' higher when I first moved in. Here is a height reference, I am 6 feet tall, top of the TV is about 6'8" off the floor, bottom is around 4 feet.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1fastsuv

Enthusiast
Nope, it's on a Monoprice XL mount and I LOVE the height. It is perfect for both my wife and I. I wish I had mounted my 46'' higher when I first moved in. Here is a height reference, I am 6 feet tall, top of the TV is about 6'8" off the floor, bottom is around 4 feet.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I'm hoping to get mine on the wall this weekend. My maintenance director at work is coming over to move my power outlet up behind where the TV's gonna mount and run all my HDMI and other wires inside the wall. I told him I want to run extra HDMI cords just in case i want to add something else down the road. I don't want to have any wires showing.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
I wanted to offer a quick update.

The only con to this TV is it puts out some heat. Not anything too terrible that my AC can't deal with, but still gets warm. The other AV stuff in the room heats it up too, so the TV isn't the only factor.

I adjusted the settings to some I found on AVS forums and WOW, the color and picture on this thing is easily the best I have ever seen. It's ridiculous. The 3D is amazing. Clash of the Titans looks phenomenal.

I am so happy with this purchase. I love the TV and feel it will serve me well for a long time.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis