Just got this from Yamaha support;

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
At the moment, we do not support Amazon Prime Music. An update is scheduled to be released at the end of the month to support Amazon Prime Music. We do not know the details of the update, but assuming we will supporting Prime Music, there is a chance we also will support Amazon Music Unlimited. We will not support Amazon Music HD,

Kind Regards,
National Technical Support
Yamaha Corporation of America
ref:_00D30F1z._5004Sn9jZ:ref’’:mad:

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Same crap from Apple TV. Amazon Music App on Apple TV is not HD.

I got a Fire Stick 4K for $25 on promo but it only does 16/48 but it still sound good. It took a couple updates before the HD showed up.

I’m not thinking it’s worth $200 for the Nividia Shield.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just what does Amazon Music on Apple TV come out at then? You'd think it could at least handle cd quality.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Just what does Amazon Music on Apple TV come out at then? You'd think it could at least handle cd quality.
On Apple TV the Amazon Music app is all 256kbps MP3. I’m hoping they do an update though.

My understanding is the device can handle better but the app is dumbed down. At least for now.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
On Apple TV the Amazon Music app is all 256kbps MP3. I’m hoping they do an update though.

My understanding is the device can handle better but the app is dumbed down. At least for now.
Wow. Isn't Amazon Music app different from subscribing to the HD level, tho?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Wow. Isn't Amazon Music app different from subscribing to the HD level, tho?
Well I’m at the Unlimited Family HD level but on Apple TV it’s Unlimted standard MP3. Like I mentioned, it’s probably Apple being meat blockers. I think they could do an update and allow HD and maybe they will.

With Yamaha receivers their built in apps like Pandora only do 128kbps. You have the same limitation via AirPlay. Musiccast would be the only way to send high quality over WiFi. Maybe their 2020 lineup will be different though.

Like I mentioned, I’m hopeful Apple updates the Amazon Music app for Apple TV. Airplay from my iPhone to the Apple TV wasn’t very good in my experience. For now I use Fire Stick 4K just for Amazon Music HD, but that device tops out at 16/48 but it really sounds excellent. :)

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
I have Ultra HD and it sounds GREAT but it’s selection is very limited......so far. They are adding to it everyday.
It’s available on DENON HEOS right now. I have a x4400h also, but it is in my bedroom......so far.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I have Ultra HD and it sounds GREAT but it’s selection is very limited......so far. They are adding to it everyday.
It’s available on DENON HEOS right now. I have a x4400h also, but it is in my bedroom......so far.
I’m really liking Amazon Music HD. I got a 2nd Fire tv stick for my bedroom and may get a third one possibly for my living room. I just wanted better than 16/48, although I doubt my ears can tell much difference to 24/192. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis