Just got some Sony MDR-7506 Headphones...

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
...I got these off eBay last week. I had been poking around for some for about a year now, and had finally pulled the trigger on a pair. The primary use will be for music and movies late, late at night/early in the morning. I work late and my movie watching/music listening at 4 in the morning can bother my roommate.

I had a chance this week to listen to several different sources with them and for the most part I really like them. Everything has great dynamic range and I am able to clearly make out subtle background noises. The bass is just right for me, while I haven't heard the 7509's (more bass) I don't think I need any more than these offer.

I noticed that music really comes alive with them. They are great for classical music that is recorded at low levels. I am able to hear most instruments. With movies, they sound great except for dialogue, which is a little overbearing, for my tastes. All the subtle noises recorded in the background really stick out. I used the superbit version of The Fifth Element to compare back to back scenes. While I could hear all the subtle background noises with out the headphones, they really became apparent with them.

I am happy with the purchase and would easily recommend them to others. For reference these are the only headphones I have ever owned, save some $5 Coby's I use occasionally in the lab at school. So I can't compare them to any other quality units.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I doubt you'll find anything better for anywhere near the price. The 7506 is a standard in the recording industry because of its accuracy.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
jaxvon said:
I doubt you'll find anything better for anywhere near the price. The 7506 is a standard in the recording industry because of its accuracy.
I picked them up for $56 delivered, without the 1/4" adapter, $5 at radio shack. Both you and WmAx helped me decide on these around Thanksgiving, last year :eek: . It took me that long to actually buy some :rolleyes: . In the mean time I had listened, very casually, to some headphones whenever I was in a store with a working display, and never really found anything that I personally liked in the same price range. So when I saw that deal, I jumped.

It's a little late coming (by almost a year now), Thanks helping me choose a good set.

Jack

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I don't remember the model, but I had some Sony studio monitor headphones that I really liked at one time. These days, it's speakers or nothing for me.

skads_187

skads_187

Audioholic
I own the same pair (professionals) and they are the best. I did my research before buying them, I use them for my e-drums. Bought them off Ebay as well. The best, simply put.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis