Just got my Affordable accuracy Monitors and Wow!

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
8DC12C9C-E56F-4C14-A97A-B5384A115989.jpeg
Got the Left right and Center.
Massive improvement over the Andrew jones cs22 / BS22

@Dennis Murphy is a true credit to the home audio industry amazing sound at an amazing price!

Suggest anyone on the fence to check him out first!
Now back to enjoying the music

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
yeah i have them too. what stands do you use for them?

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
Thanks, Wayne..As a matter of fact, I went to this website the other day because of another thread, but I forgot the owner's name was Dennis Murphy. Now I'll remember. I was really impressed with the speakers.
Yea the mtn center and monitors at $150 and $210 imo own the budget speaker market.

But it’s just him and his small operation so he does not get a lot of exposure besides word of mouth.

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
Yea the mtn center and monitors at $150 and $210 imo own the budget speaker market.
I noticed the sensitivity is "88 dB (dB/2.83v/1M)" at 6 Ohms. What are you using to power the speakers?

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
I noticed the sensitivity is "88 dB (dB/2.83v/1M)" at 6 Ohms. What are you using to power the speakers?
Right now a Yamaha rx-v481 has plenty of power to push them hard.
I do however have a rx-v683 in the mail “ wanted to go 7.2”

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I used a 100WPC AVR with no problems. I think that was likely over-kill, but it is what I had.
However, I should point out that Dennis doesn't fudge his numbers! Many speakers companies would have conveniently rounded the impedance to 8 Ohms instead of calling it 6 Ohms.

Last edited:
D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Just so there isn't any confusion, that's the sensitivity spec for the center. The monitors are quite a bit less sensitive--84.5 dB. That's the trade off for the woofer's bass extension.

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
Just recalibrated with ypao sound even better now.

Makes one wonder if these sound this good what do the BMRs sound like....

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just recalibrated with ypao sound even better now.

Makes one wonder if these sound this good what do the BMRs sound like....
Looks very nice Hokies83. I am also looking at the Yammie 683 myself. It looks to be a very good buy inmho. Congrats on your setup! Enjoy!:):):)

Cheers,

Phil

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
Looks very nice Hokies83. I am also looking at the Yammie 683 myself. It looks to be a very good buy inmho. Congrats on your setup! Enjoy!:):):)

Cheers,

Phil
Yea I was holding out for the 1070 but the 683 was $344 shipped no tax at mono price the other day and had to jump.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yea I was holding out for the 1070 but the 683 was $344 shipped no tax at mono price the other day and had to jump.
Wow! That is a good deal! You are very lucky. The 1070 is a winner as well. Feel free to post more pics.

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis