Just got a one s...recommended games

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Im not a big gamer, just casual. Not sure about new games, been awhile since I've played any. Last big game I was into was borderlands, so maybe around those lines?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The borderlands games (BL2 is probably my favorite) are really cool. They're a fps with heavy rpg elements like leveling up, upgrading your weapons/abilities while blasting your way across the planet.

The Mass Effect series is also one of my favorites and the Gears of War franchise are great too. Just get the ones that are part of the main continuity. I forget which one it was, but one of their games that was lime a side story or something sucked it pretty hard.

I had a lot of fun with Destiny also (the co op stuff, I'm not into gaming for hardcore competition), and they just came out with Destiny 2.

A great, inexpensive game you can purchase in the marketplace is Shadow Complex. It's a side scroller in the spirit of Metroid and is done very, very well. I've been out of hardcore gaming for quite a while, so I'm not familiar with some of the newer titles and franchises but those few I mentioned are solid recommendations.

*Edit: The Xbox forums are a great way to find the best games suited to your tastes. The folks are very helpful over there and you can make some friends to add to your friend's list for online gaming.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
+1 for Shadow Complex

I also rec: Limbo, Inside, Trials Fusion

My 2 favs are NOT for noobs! Very steep learning curves, I ONLY play online, and there is a lot of stiff competition. Gears of War 4 or Killer Instinct!!!

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Tomb Raider: Rise of the Tomb Raider is a personal favorite of mine. I have plaid Tomb Raider since I had my original Sega Saturn, they did a solid job on this version.

Dead Rising 3: Most fun of the Dead Rising Series and no picture taking, I maxed out achievements on this one

Lord of the Rings Shadow of Mordor: More complex fighting system, but overall a very fun game

Great thing about these games, they should all be cheap as they are older releases

Get Xbox Live, you get about 2-3 Xbox one or Xbox 360 game for free a month, well worth it. Check Cdkeys.com for deals you can usually get Live for 35-39 dollars for the 12mo membership

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Tomb Raider: Rise of the Tomb Raider is a personal favorite of mine. I have plaid Tomb Raider since I had my original Sega Saturn, they did a solid job on this version.

Dead Rising 3: Most fun of the Dead Rising Series and no picture taking, I maxed out achievements on this one

Lord of the Rings Shadow of Mordor: More complex fighting system, but overall a very fun game

Great thing about these games, they should all be cheap as they are older releases

Get Xbox Live, you get about 2-3 Xbox one or Xbox 360 game for free a month, well worth it. Check Cdkeys.com for deals you can usually get Live for 35-39 dollars for the 12mo membership
With live gold, do the free games 'expire'? I've read conflicting results, some say the games are only free for a month, others say they are free as long as you have a gold membership.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
The Games you get from Gold you keep even if your Gold Expire. I think the PlayStation used to tie in membership with their free games, not sure if they still do it. With Microsoft you own it

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis