Just bought a Sony xbr55 950G please recommend a sound bar for small room

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Do you have a picture of your setup? Room dimensions? What features are you looking for? What exactly are your goals here? We needs more info to help you out.

Gary york

Gary york

Audiophyte
Do you have a picture of your setup? Room dimensions? What features are you looking for? What exactly are your goals here? We needs more info to help you out.
It’s in my kitchen at the end of counter
The sound is good but it has been suggested that I could benefit from additional sound that would minimally include a sub woofer.
Maybe a sound bar isn’t the best option but
Separate speakers would also need to be on the small size.
Would I be safe to simply use Sony or is there a better quality brand for sound?

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Enjoy the TV via its built in speakers. Forget the sound bar and sub for the kitchen. It's not the environment that can exploit enhanced sound. Another way of looking at it is your kitchen supports cooking, meal preparation, and casual dining, not watching TV. Let's go to the kitchen to watch TV, hell no.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
If it were me I'd install a couple of inexpensive inceiling speakers for background music and TV since it's for the kitchen.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Yeah. I'm kind of with the guys above. HOWEVER, sometimes you may want just a little extra oomph so you can actually hear the TV (maybe you watch the news or weather or something) over the usual commotion associated with actually using your kitchen. In this case, you can probably just toss in any old el-cheapo sound bar or pedestal speaker. Should do the trick for this purpose.

With most modern TV speakers facing the rear or bottom, I do understand the desire to have something that actually projects the sound toward you, though. Thus the soundbar. If you want something decent and dead simple to operate, perhaps look into something like the Sonos Beam for your kitchen setup. With this one, you might be happy as is, BUT if you want some extra bass, you can always add the wireless sub later on down the road if you so choose.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis