Just bought a pair of Focal Aria 926, waiting for shipment

• Thread starter shaomaifairborn
  • Start date
S

shaomaifairborn

Audiophyte
I just pulled the trigger and bought a pair of Focal Aria 926. I’m planning to pair them with Rotel R-12 in my living room. Any suggestions for future amplifier upgrades?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Any suggestions for future amplifier upgrades?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What do you expect in a different amp, assume you mean a different integrated amp? That Rotel is quite competent altho of modest power capabilities....do you think you'll need more power even before you have used your new speakers?

S

shaomaifairborn

Audiophyte
What do you expect in a different amp, assume you mean a different integrated amp? That Rotel is quite competent altho of modest power capabilities....do you think you'll need more power even before you have used your new speakers?
The Rotel RA-12 has 60w per channel, not sure if it is enough for the 926. Still waiting for the delivery, I will report back when I hear them together.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
How big is the room you have and what are your expectations or hopes for the new system? I personally have older Focal 706s and they are powered by a 40 W amp. The room is smaller but completely filled by the small bookshelf speakers. I think I’m only limited to room nodes as it is almost a perfect rectangle room.Focals are very easy to power, a decent 100wpc amplifier should be able to make it uncomfortable in anything except a very large room. Make sure you give them a quality signal, CD or uncompressed music and you will be very happy with their output. If you think you need more output consider a quality subwoofer.

edit: your Rotel should be fine, the difference between 60 and 100 watts is negligible

K

KeithP

Audiophyte
The Rotel RA-12 has 60w per channel, not sure if it is enough for the 926. Still waiting for the delivery, I will report back when I hear them together.
How do they sound? I have had my 926's for about a month paired with an Emotiva XPA-3 gen3 they sound great. I bought the Aria CC900 to match. The sound is fantastic.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis