Just arrived! RSL's CG25.

Walsh1

Walsh1

Junior Audioholic
And here it is. Roger Sound Labs (RSL) CG25 LCR speaker. I just acquired 3 of these in their "A" stock outlet sale. I'll be swapping out the SVS Ultra bookshelf speakers and center for these and recalibrating.

Attachments

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Awesome! Really interested in your thoughts after having the ultras first.
Joe Rodgers and rsl are great.

Walsh1

Walsh1

Junior Audioholic
Awesome! Really interested in your thoughts after having the ultras first.
Joe Rodgers and rsl are great.
I like the Ultra bookshelf and Ultra Center. But I couldn't resist trying these out as I've heard nothing but great things. I'm sure the sound is a little different. I'm certainly not a professional reviewer but I'll comment on my opinion after I try these out for a bit.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
And here it is. Roger Sound Labs (RSL) CG25 LCR speaker. I just acquired 3 of these in their "A" stock outlet sale. I'll be swapping out the SVS Ultra bookshelf speakers and center for these and recalibrating.
This should be interesting.
I know the SVS Ultra is a very nice speaker, but (like you) have heard lots of good things about the RSL speakers.
If you don't mind, let us know the pricing on the RSL's (regular and discounted).

Walsh1

Walsh1

Junior Audioholic
This should be interesting.
I know the SVS Ultra is a very nice speaker, but (like you) have heard lots of good things about the RSL speakers.
If you don't mind, let us know the pricing on the RSL's (regular and discounted).
It's 400 for the CG5 and 500 for the CG25 which is the model I bought in their outlet sale. It was 450 each for the "A" stock outlet price. Still with their warranty.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Not an ugly speaker either. I'm a SVS owner and am keen to see your thoughts on how this one compares. Let us know how you like 'em!

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
I think you're going to like them. Not only do they look good they sound it as well, and they aren't afraid of volume either.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think you're going to like them. Not only do they look good they sound it as well, and they aren't afraid of volume either.
Hey congratulations! I'm a big fan of RSL owned some of there gear really looking forward to your impressions

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Those look stunning in black piano finish. Please post pics when everything is setup.

Walsh1

Walsh1

Junior Audioholic
Hey congratulations! I'm a big fan of RSL owned some of there gear really looking forward to your impressions
I'm giving it a little more time before posting my impressions on these. None the less it will be sort of a novice / consumer level opinion as I'm fairly new to the sound game / home theater. I've been wanting Audioholics to do an official review and write up on these but I haven't seen anything from them as of yet.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm giving it a little more time before posting my impressions on these. None the less it will be sort of a novice / consumer level opinion as I'm fairly new to the sound game / home theater. I've been wanting Audioholics to do an official review and write up on these but I haven't seen anything from them as of yet.
I think Shady mentioned they were originally going to get a pair to review but something came up. It's a shame I'd love to see an audioholics review of these

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Glad you are taking your time and listening to a variety of content.
It can be easy to fixate on the first thing that gets your attention and often there is more to the story that gets revealed as you listen to different sounds!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I think Shady mentioned they were originally going to get a pair to review but something came up. It's a shame I'd love to see an audioholics review of these
That review is set to happen now, and I am due to receive those speakers this week. The review won't be published for awhile, but it is in the works.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Whatever you post will be fine. Opinions from everyone help the next person make a decision about what they want to buy. Take your time, put it in your own words and when you're comfortable with the results post it up. If it's sincere people will know, and that's all that matters in the end.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Whatever you post will be fine. Opinions from everyone help the next person make a decision about what they want to buy. Take your time, put it in your own words and when you're comfortable with the results post it up. If it's sincere people will know, and that's all that matters in the end.
Good advice Jim. As usual.
The only thing I’ll add is, if I read anything about chocolate midrange, he’s getting banned! Lol
Good to see you lately!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So... how do you think they compare to the Ultras?

Walsh1

Walsh1

Junior Audioholic
So... how do you think they compare to the Ultras?
Not quite ready to comment. Just wanted to oblige the photo request. What I will say is that these sound pretty awesome in two channel stereo with music. The bookshelf Ultras are still a great speaker and I intend on hanging on to them. Possibly a little more dynamics with the Ultras which I would attribute from a 6 1/2" mid as opposed to the 5 1/4" mid.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Not quite ready to comment. Just wanted to oblige the photo request. What I will say is that these sound pretty awesome in two channel stereo with music. The bookshelf Ultras are still a great speaker and I intend on hanging on to them. Possibly a little more dynamics with the Ultras which I would attribute from a 6 1/2" mid as opposed to the 5 1/4" mid.
They are nice looking speakers. The drivers even look similar to the Ultras.

911jason

Audiophyte
So how did you feel the RSLs compared with the SVS Ultras?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis