Kevin Poirier

Kevin Poirier

Audioholic Intern
Hi to all, I just read that it’s better for sound to install wire jumpers between your binding posts instead of the OEM plate. Is this true?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Hi to all, I just read that it’s better for sound to install wire jumpers between your binding posts instead of the OEM plate. Is this true?
I can’t imagine why? Did the article give any reasons? Got a link?

Kevin Poirier

Kevin Poirier

Audioholic Intern
I can’t imagine why? Did the article give any reasons? Got a link?
I was reading SVS Ultra Tower reviews when I came across this (address below). I tried searching and half of the people say they don’t notice a difference but the other half says they notice a difference. Right now I have my towers bi-amped but when I go with the Ultras I’m going to add height channels and will be getting an amp for the towers.

https://positive-feedback.com/Issue67/svs_ultra.htm

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Positive Feedback is a wonky site full of audiophoolishness IMO.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I actually found the ultra review pretty interesting in asubjective way, and he seems to feel the same way most people do they listen to them. He lost me however, when he typed Nordost, one of the biggest vendors of snake oil today.
What I’d like to know is how the magical jumpers can add any sweet sauce when they both pass through he same internal XO. That’s o big reason “Buy wiring” is a waste.
Fwiw, @Pogre can give you in depth impressions of SVS ultra bookshelf, and tower speakers.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I see a lot of photos with the positive wire on either the lower or upper binding post and the negative on the opposite with jumpers or wires. Makes me crazy! It achieves NOTHING!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Only real reason to swap wire for the included jumpers is to replace a lost/missing one (which is likely only common on used speakers). Other than that, there's no audio benefit to it that I've ever heard of.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ok. Thank you. What’s your opinion on the SVS Ultras?
Seem to be good speakers from comments I've read, never heard them. I have an older pair of SVS speakers but doubt they have a lot in common outside of the name. Hopefully Pogre will chime in, maybe some others with experience with them....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I see a lot of photos with the positive wire on either the lower or upper binding post and the negative on the opposite with jumpers or wires. Makes me crazy! It achieves NOTHING!
That is why they are doing it, make you crazy. ;) :D

Kevin Poirier

Kevin Poirier

Audioholic Intern
I actually found the ultra review pretty interesting in asubjective way, and he seems to feel the same way most people do they listen to them. He lost me however, when he typed Nordost, one of the biggest vendors of snake oil today.
What I’d like to know is how the magical jumpers can add any sweet sauce when they both pass through he same internal XO. That’s o big reason “Buy wiring” is a waste.
Fwiw, @Pogre can give you in depth impressions of SVS ultra bookshelf, and tower speakers.
Thanks. I appreciate it. I hope to hear from @Pogre

Kevin Poirier

Kevin Poirier

Audioholic Intern
Seem to be good speakers from comments I've read, never heard them. I have an older pair of SVS speakers but doubt they have a lot in common outside of the name. Hopefully Pogre will chime in, maybe some others with experience with them....
Thanks. I appreciate it. I hope to hear from some owners before I drop that much coin.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks. I appreciate it. I hope to hear from @Pogre
I have both the bookshelf and tower speakers. I love the Ultra line. Great speaker/price/performance ratio. As far as buy wiring, I couldn't detect any audible difference with or without the jumpers. I'm running them with the stock jumpers right now.

Kevin Poirier

Kevin Poirier

Audioholic Intern
I have both the bookshelf and tower speakers. I love the Ultra line. Great speaker/price/performance ratio. As far as buy wiring, I couldn't detect any audible difference with or without the jumpers. I'm running them with the stock jumpers right now.
Thank you. Appreciate it. This helps me a lot

Kevin Poirier

Kevin Poirier

Audioholic Intern
Porge, how do you think the Ultras are compared to Def Tech BP9040?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Porge, how do you think the Ultras are compared to Def Tech BP9040?
I have no clue, I've never heard the 9040. I do know when I replaced my Deftech Studio Monitor 55's with the Ultra Bookshelf speakers I was pretty floored. Much better.

I don't think Deftech make terrible speakers, but they're not my first choice of speaker manufacturer.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis