Julee Cruise passes away

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
This is a shame: Julee Cruise, dead at age 65. Most people will remember her as the vocalist to the soundtrack for the great Twin Peaks which ended up being a big hit as a soundtrack album as well as a TV show. She also did some work in Twin Peaks: The Return. Her albums "Floating Into the Night" and "The Voice of Love" are both pretty good if you dig that Twin Peaks vibe, which is not unexpected since Angelo Badalamenti and David Lynch both had involvement with them. I haven't heard her 2002 album, "The Art of Being a Girl," perhaps it's high time I give that a spin.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Never knew any particular artist associated with the soundtrack, and wasn't a big fan of the show, but do remember the soundtrack being interesting sounding. Think I'll pay Julee some respects and go take another listen....RIP.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Didn't realize she also worked on the soundtrack to "Blue Velvet". She definitely helped define Lynch's movies with a unique atmosphere. RIP to a unique talent.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Twin Peaks is one of my all time favorite shows and that song was a big part of the show. Not really familiar with any of her other work. RIP Julee

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis