M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Yeah that's my next step for mine is to do an acoustically transperent build first around the front 3 and then around the surrounds and back surrounds when I do that I'm going all towers in my base 7

800 series all the way around would be SIC!!!! but yeah 200k yeah I agree besides who'd want to hide those beautiful beasts!!!
Haha, I agree. Hiding the 800's would not be ideal. B&W does make a specific Diamond for behind the screen. Same price $15,000/each. My Magnolia I visit has them behind their screen in their custom built theater. They are very nice and sound amazing.

Sorry if you've already mentioned this, but what is your current setup like? Speakers, subs, AV equipment? Just curious.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Haha, I agree. Hiding the 800's would not be ideal. B&W does make a specific Diamond for behind the screen. Same price $15,000/each. My Magnolia I visit has them behind their screen in their custom built theater. They are very nice and sound amazing.

Sorry if you've already mentioned this, but what is your current setup like? Speakers, subs, AV equipment? Just curious.
Why would you need special speakers rather than just use an acoustically transparent screen?

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Why would you need special speakers rather than just use an acoustically transparent screen?
Danzilla31 was just specifically speaking about not wanting to put B&W 800's behind a transparent screen because of how great they look. Which i would have to agree. But thank goodness B&W makes the CT8 which are made specifically to go behind a screen because they are not as attractive as the 800's. Transparent screens are the way to go. For me that is.

Lovinthehd, what does your setup look like?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Danzilla31 was just specifically speaking about not wanting to put B&W 800's behind a transparent screen because of how great they look. Which i would have to agree. But thank goodness B&W makes the CT8 which are made specifically to go behind a screen because they are not as attractive as the 800's. Transparent screens are the way to go. For me that is.

Lovinthehd, what does your setup look like?
Ah, speaker appearance isn't something that matters much to me, thought it was some special diamond tweeter to blast through the screen a tiny bit more :). They all look like speakers :) Which setup? I have several. Like Danzilla at least a little in that in one setup a set of JBL Studio 5 series (I have 590/580/530/520c). Just tvs, haven't a suitable space for projection for now.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Ah, speaker appearance isn't something that matters much to me, thought it was some special diamond tweeter to blast through the screen a tiny bit more :). They all look like speakers :) Which setup? I have several. Like Danzilla at least a little in that in one setup a set of JBL Studio 5 series (I have 590/580/530/520c). Just tvs, haven't a suitable space for projection for now.
I've been seeing more people talk about JBL. I've known about JBL since I was kid, but I always thought of them for car equipment. Now being in the home theater market for the last few years it looks like they have a very solid lineup of multiple different types of speakers and AV equipment. Polk is another brand that I thought was major car audio but now just released some very good looking tower speakers with the L800.

I'm curious what AV equipment you use to power your speakers? Are you a separate's or AVR-pre out type person? or both? Sounds like you have multiple different setups in your house.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I gotta run some errands but I'll send you pics and equipment lists in like an hour

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've been seeing more people talk about JBL. I've known about JBL since I was kid, but I always thought of them for car equipment. Now being in the home theater market for the last few years it looks like they have a very solid lineup of multiple different types of speakers and AV equipment. Polk is another brand that I thought was major car audio but now just released some very good looking tower speakers with the L800.

I'm curious what AV equipment you use to power your speakers? Are you a separate's or AVR-pre out type person? or both? Sounds like you have multiple different setups in your house.
JBL pre-dates car audio for me, grew up in the day of the L100 and some others being very popular. Also saw them in use in quite a few recording studios back when I was working with some music acts on logistics. Only did something about it fairly recently after seeing lots of nice things about the Studio 5 series and then really good sales prices so bought some. Later got some 305LSRs as well after seeing also much nice stuff about them. More recently did something about my old lust and got a set of 4311Bs. The L100 was almost was my first set of speakers, but at 16 I could only afford the Original Advents which worked out well as well.

Polk I remember being home audio from the start as well, didn't even know they did car audio; their return to some of their early technology with the Legend looks interesting rather than their big box store offerings they seem to be mostly about lately. Conversely, only heard about B&W relatively recently (like a dozen years ago), and the ones I've heard I didn't care for particularly (6 series) but haven't lived where shopping in audio stores is much of an option for most of the intervening time either. Would like to check out the 800s some day....

I use straight avrs in each system (four powered by avr), just don't listen loudly enough any more (have used power amps, still have several....might plug a couple back in cuz they're just sitting there, tho), nor have I had particularly hard to drive speakers either....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis