Jim Seals (Seals & Crofts), RIP

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
My dad was a fan of that genre of rock when I was a kid and in some ways it stuck with me. I could list through artists in that soft rock/adult contemporary category all too easily, even now some 40 years later.
Summer Breeze is still a great song, though!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
My dad was a fan of that genre of rock when I was a kid and in some ways it stuck with me. I could list through artists in that soft rock/adult contemporary category all too easily, even now some 40 years later.
Or James/Jim, as he was known.

highfigh

highfigh

Fixed. There was conversation with John Ford Coley in the article I was reading… John’s name stuck in my head. *blushes.
IIRC, John Ford Coley is the cousin of one of the two and he played on some of their music.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
That's the first song I thought of. Might as well throw up a link.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Saw that last night too. RIP Jim.

Interestingly, I figured Summer Breeze had been a #1 hit based on how much it was played for so many years, but it never quite made it. It isn't exactly "my" music, it was my parent's, but it was on frequently and is embedded in my memories.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
RIP, man you guys are young, lucky buggers !!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Saw that last night too. RIP Jim.

Interestingly, I figured Summer Breeze had been a #1 hit based on how much it was played for so many years, but it never quite made it. It isn't exactly "my" music, it was my parent's, but it was on frequently and is embedded in my memories.
Since I mentioned it earlier, some of the other stuff my Dad was into:
English Dan and John Ford Coley
Captain and Tennile
Little River Band
Hall & Oates
Billy Joel
There were others.

Of this list, the last two, Billy Joel and Hall & Oates, I do still enjoy some of their music.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Captain and Tennile
Little River Band
Hall & Oates
Billy Joel
There were others.

Of this list, the last two, Billy Joel and Hall & Oates, I do still enjoy some of their music.
How about Harry Chapin ? Saw him first in '72, never missed a concert up until his passing in '81. One of the best humanitarians that ever lived

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Captain and Tennile
Little River Band
Hall & Oates
Billy Joel
There were others.

Hall and Oates are on tour right now.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
How about Harry Chapin ? Saw him first in '72, never missed a concert up until his passing in '81. One of the best humanitarians that ever lived
I always liked Cat's in the Cradle... I remember it being on the radio when I was just a wee kid. My Dad didn't do Folk very much and Chapin seemed much more Folk aligned. That said, my folks did like Jim Croce, but on the other hand (and simiilar to HC) not Gordon Lightfoot.
Strangely, saying he didn't do folk is a little weird: he did have several Kingston Trio albums from back in the day. Not certain if this was from when he was in College himself, or after...

Like everybody, pretty much, he had some unique musical interests... and some not so much. *shrugs

(In College, I got to meet Harry Chapin's daughter, Mary Chapin Carpenter, who was touring and came through the University concert program. (Dave Grisman was her opener and much more exciting.))

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Ryan, just so you know Mary Chapin Carpenter was not Harry's daughter, rather his cousin, several times removed. Harry's daughter, Jen is an artist in her own name. Her mother (Sandy) whom Harry wrote the song, 'I wanna learn a love song' was the other half !

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Ryan, just so you know Mary Chapin Carpenter was not Harry's daughter, rather his cousin, several times removed. Harry's daughter, Jen is an artist in her own name. Her mother (Sandy) whom Harry wrote the song, 'I wanna learn a love song' was the other half !
Cousin?! Thanks for the clarification. :)
Not that I go around telling everybody I meet that I met her. :p …but for 20-some odd years I’ve been going on bum info! :eek:

;)

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Seals and Crofts was a band that I hated to admit I really liked.

RIP

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Have you seen any of the 'Live At Daryl's House' videos on YouTube? If you like his stuff, you need to watch those.
Yes, there are a lot of excellent ones. That made me consider getting tix to their tour actually, but COVID is high in this area right now and every show we've gone to recently, obviously, we get an exposure notice. At Coldplay, ~80% of people wore masks. At Tears for Fears/Garbage only about 10% were wearing them. Coldplay most were younger than us, at TFF, almost all of them were our age. I have tix to two more shows this year, but am not sure about buying more. NIN is coming here, but it is a General Admission show so I am going to skip it. Hopefully it will remain under control.

highfigh

highfigh

Yes, there are a lot of excellent ones. That made me consider getting tix to their tour actually, but COVID is high in this area right now and every show we've gone to recently, obviously, we get an exposure notice. At Coldplay, ~80% of people wore masks. At Tears for Fears/Garbage only about 10% were wearing them. Coldplay most were younger than us, at TFF, almost all of them were our age. I have tix to two more shows this year, but am not sure about buying more. NIN is coming here, but it is a General Admission show so I am going to skip it. Hopefully it will remain under control.
Where are you located?

This is happening here, later this month-

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Captain and Tennile
Little River Band
Hall & Oates
Billy Joel
There were others.

Search for Daryl's House on YouTube. Daryl recorded some great songs live off of the floor for MTV with well known stars. Joe Walsh, Cheap Trick and Tommy Shaw to name a few. Great recordings.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis