Jerry Lee Lewis dies at age 87

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
It's difficult to sum up Jerry Lee Lewis in one sentence. He was 'The Killer', an amazing piano player, and quite a lot more. Read the whole obit article.
Of the original 4 recorded by Sun Records (Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, and Lewis), he was the Last Man Standing. RIP

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I saw this yesterday... and it began with a report that some news organization had retracted the story about his passing...
Afterall, old Rockers don't die... They just fade away.

This man was there at the beginning of it all and one of the early Rockers for certain. Regardless of his... personality ;) ... it is a sad day for Rock'N'Roll.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
That "Whole Lotta Shakin Going On" song was his first great hit, and what an amazing rhythm. I had bought that song on a 78 record then and I enjoyed playing it.
I still enjoyed hearing it today on Youtube.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'll always remember him for marrying the 13 year old cousin....and the relations to Jimmy Swaggart and Mickey Gilley. What bunch of swell guys! LOL

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Elle King performs Great Balls of Fire during a tribute to the late Jerry Lee Lewis at the 56th Annual CMA Awards at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville on Wednesday.
Elle King.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis