JBL Studio 550p 10" sealed 50 pound sub for $189 ($599 msrp)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
What happened to your sub in your signature?
You wouldn't be hesitating if you did not already have a sub!
When I moved, I donated it -- I am thinking about that JBL sub.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Now I'm really curious!
What other options might you consider?
As I recall your last sub was more of a woofer than what is typically considered a sub here (aside from my HT system, I generally prefer a "modular woofer" to a large sub).
Are you looking to try something like a Rythmik F12 that would dig a little deeper?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Now I'm really curious!
What other options might you consider?
As I recall your last sub was more of a woofer than what is typically considered a sub here (aside from my HT system, I generally prefer a "modular woofer" to a large sub).
Are you looking to try something like a Rythmik F12 that would dig a little deeper?
I am only looking at JBL or Emotiva -- which would be fine, as I am not a die hard bass-head.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I am only looking at JBL or Emotiva -- which would be fine, as I am not a die hard bass-head.
My primary use for it is music. Which it is wonderful for. My room is only 12.5'x12.5'x9' so it doesn't have to work very hard to sound good.

Not saying it doesn't sound good for movies, it totally does, but it is VERY well suited for a music only system.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'll ask you what I'd ask anyone, why not get dual JBL's? At $338 it is hard to imagine getting a better music sub setup for under $700!

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I'll ask you what I'd ask anyone, why not get dual JBL's? At $338 it is hard to imagine getting a better music sub setup for under $700!
There is only room enough for one sub at this time

J

JasonO

Audiophyte
Can someone please give the dimensions of the cabinet, excluding the feet? JBL's website is not specific and I cannot find this anywhere.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Can someone please give the dimensions of the cabinet, excluding the feet? JBL's website is not specific and I cannot find this anywhere.
I'm lazy, but I'm pretty sure I posted that somewhere in this thread of my "review" thread.

J

JasonO

Audiophyte
I'm lazy, but I'm pretty sure I posted that somewhere in this thread of my "review" thread.
I must have missed it. I grabbed three from Newegg that I am currently enjoying. Luckily the cabinets are smaller than the overall dimensions so they all fit.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis