JBL Studio 530 or Infinity Reference 152?

G

geniusmusicman

Junior Audioholic
Just as the title asks, which would be the overall preference for a near field setup? I already own the 152 and I am just curious if I would like the Studio 530 more.
I use my current speakers for music, gaming, and movies equally, but appreciate a speaker that can make music shine over anything else. For music, I want something that can make vocals and acoustic instruments stand out as well as do good with EDM music.
I power my speakers with an Emotiva A-100 amp and play music from Spotify. DAC used is from my internal motherboard.
Is it worth buying the 530 over what I have now? My only concern is how bad the bass port can chuff at loud volumes with the JBL’s, but I don’t listen to music much louder then 80-90db at any given time.

EDIT: Here is a link of what my setup looks like:

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
Honestly I own both sets. I use the Infinity's in my bedroom setup and the JBL's in my HT setup as rear surrounds. For my nearfiled on the computer I use the JBL 305's and matching sub and could not be more pleased. On sale the 305's cost me under $200 for the pair. They are more than enough and 2 to 3 feet distance. You may want to give them a shot if you can find them.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

G

geniusmusicman

Junior Audioholic
Honestly I own both sets. I use the Infinity's in my bedroom setup and the JBL's in my HT setup as rear surrounds. For my nearfiled on the computer I use the JBL 305's and matching sub and could not be more pleased. On sale the 305's cost me under $200 for the pair. They are more than enough and 2 to 3 feet distance. You may want to give them a shot if you can find them.

Thanks for your input. I’ve actually owned the 305’s before and loved them, but hated the hiss. Which is your favorite out of those three you mentioned?

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
For HT the 530's, music and regular listening the R162's. Never any of those two set up on the computer rig. But loving the 305's nearfiled No hiss or any hum issues with them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis