JBL Studio 5 and Infinity Reference being discounted through Black Friday 2020! (better than normal, I think)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The reason I think this is better than normal is in the past it always seemed like they were playing some sort of game like discount 3/4's of the series, but the others are full price. This one seems to be everything! While I am not sure the prices are the absolute best ever (pretty sure they are not), they are very good!
Of special note:
Infinity RC263 3-way Center for $150!
JBL Studio 580 for $286 each
Both of these prices are the least expensive I remember!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The reason I think this is better than normal is in the past it always seemed like they were playing some sort of game like discount 3/4's of the series, but the others are full price. This one seems to be everything! While I am not sure the prices are the absolute best ever (pretty sure they are not), they are very good!
Of special note:
Infinity RC263 3-way Center for $150!
JBL Studio 580 for $286 each
Both of these prices are the least expensive I remember!

I got my 580s new for a bit less, $259 ea via Amazon three years ago.....I keep thinking they're gonna shut down the whole line but seems they're like the energizer bunny....just keeps going and going. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Damn the center is on sale. Is the 520c the only center in the studio series?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Cripe I coulda saved about $100 on a 520c if I’d waited

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Damn the center is on sale. Is the 520c the only center in the studio series?
That is my point about everything being on sale! Historically, they would omit something like the center which (if you were buying a system) left you with the choice of gambling on whether they would be available/discounted at a later time vs paying more to ensure you were not stuck with speakers that you could not buy a matching center for!
It doesn't look so impressive (size-wise), but it does a fine job of being a HT center unless you are in a very large room (larger than any room I have used/heard it in) the compression tweeter carries the day and it does have two woofers, but at 4" I probably crossed the center at 120Hz just to be sure it was not being driven into distortion.

Last edited:
K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I would add that the Infinity RC263 blends very well with my 590s and it's on sale for the ridiculous price of $150. I'm tempted to pick up one as a backup as I like the speaker a lot but probably will gamble that the one I have should not fail for a long time.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Anyone use height speakers with this jbl series? If so, what do you like?

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I used Canton ceiling speakers but no heights.

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
I would add that the Infinity RC263 blends very well with my 590s and it's on sale for the ridiculous price of $150. I'm tempted to pick up one as a backup as I like the speaker a lot but probably will gamble that the one I have should not fail for a long time.
I use the RC263 with the 590's. It works very well.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Just ordered (well back ordered to 12/20) an RC-263, thanks for the link and the info. I've got three systems to try it in. Always was curious about those.

Funny if you go to the sale at Infinity's speaker site the "sale" is all of $50 off https://www.infinityspeakers.com/center-speakers/REFERENCE+RC263.html
I also saw it for $65 at some site I never heard of, and another for $115.
Maybe ill pick it up to compare. Damn spending too much already my budget hates me.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I lucked out and got a used Rc263 for around $50 on eBay. Even though I have a Klipsch based system I have been eyeing this “Properly ” designed 3way center channel . First of it was a large center channel speaker but I knew that going in so not a problem. Of course it not an exact timber match for my Klipsch speakers but it’s no all far off enough to make a pan on screen during a good movie not be distracted by the timber differences.
IMHO, The Infinity Ref series are almsot the Best bang for the buck speakers when they are on sale.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I have a 520C paired with BMRs. I'm curious what your thoughts are on the 520C? (I don't want to say anything that might bias your impression either way)
I'm waiting for the 530s and didn't hook it up yet. Haha I'm patient. Definitely let you know when I hooked them up. Anxiously waiting. I hope to hear Darth Vader talk through them. :p

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hooked up my Darth Vader 530s last night will give thoughts in SQ in a week or so.
IMG_25122020_193535_(1329_x_1900_pixel).jpg
IMG_25122020_193514_(1401_x_1900_pixel).jpg
IMG_26122020_101645_(2200_x_1825_pixel).jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis