JBL Stage A180 towers- $240ea.

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
I do not, and have nothing to go on other than some pretty positive reviews of the line itself.
I've been trying to get my father to pull back away from the TV in a box crap, been looking hard for a pair of moderately priced towers to help create a separate, dedicated listening rig.
That being said, I would really love to find one of the regular old press board glass door stereo cabinets we all took for granted.
This way he could have the cabinet, an integrated amp, cd player, and a pair of decent towers- all removed from any type of TV or video entanglements.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I do not, and have nothing to go on other than some pretty positive reviews of the line itself.
I've been trying to get my father to pull back away from the TV in a box crap, been looking hard for a pair of moderately priced towers to help create a separate, dedicated listening rig.
That being said, I would really love to find one of the regular old press board glass door stereo cabinets we all took for granted.
This way he could have the cabinet, an integrated amp, cd player, and a pair of decent towers- all removed from any type of TV or video entanglements.
Just curious myself, have heard some fairly nice reports on the Stage series (I use a full set of Studio 5 series myself). No need to separate a tv/video from good audio, tho, they can coexist quite easily if you can place the speakers properly. What is a tv in a box? You mean HTIB? A old cabinet tv rather than a flat panel? I prefer open equipment cabinets myself, those glass doors always had alignment issues :) but seems they're still out there, tho.

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
Yes, I meant HTIB stuff. He has a hideous older 6' tall entertainment center with the top section for his flat screen, but all the drawers and shelving under for the AV gear, movie storage etc. He has it all crammed into a corner of a long rectangular living/dining room. Just the sheer logistics of his placement make it terrible for audio.

I figured if I could set him up a separate dedicated music rig with a stereo cabinet and a pair of towers with a comfy listening chair strategically placed, he would be less restricted to the TV poop crammed in the corner of the room. I had even bought him a pair of Elac Debut 2.0 bookshelf speakers in place of the awful HTIB speakers about a year ago, and that alone blew him away. I want to take it a step further with the towers and a better integrated 2 channel amp for a nice 2.0 or 2.1 rig.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis