JBL S38II BookShlef 3-way speakers

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
JBL S38II Bookshelf 3-way speakers

I'm selling a pair of JBL S38II Bookshelf speakers (see also S38). They were used very very lightly as rears in my 5.1 system. They were rarely used because I usually listen to music in stereo but i do ocasionally enjoy one of my 6 or so multichannel discs. Here are the specs from JBL's website:
SPECIFICATIONS
General
Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power 175 Watts
Impedance 8 Ohms
Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m) 89dB
Frequency Response (–3dB) 45Hz – 20kHz
Crossover Frequency(ies) 800Hz, 3200Hz
High-Frequency Driver 1" Pure-titanium dome with EOS™ waveguide
Midrange Driver 4" PolyPlas™ cone
Low-Frequency Driver 8" PolyPlas™ cone
Dimensions
(H x W x D) In Horizontal Configuration:
11-1/2" x 17-1/2" x 11-3/4"
(292mm x 445mm x 298mm)
Weight 28 lb (12.7kg)
MSRP: $599.99

See also the link http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=S38II&CheckProduct=Y

Cosmetically they are in good condition with few scratches here and there, mostly on the bottom. Aside from cosmetic blemishes they are in perfect condition and sound great!

I'm ask $300 o.b.o. If I dont sell here I will place on Audiogon and eventually ebay. I'll send pictures upon request. Thanks!
-Steve
P.S Contact me via pm, email (svenhook@gmail.com), or AIM (SvenMhook)
P.P.S I'm also selling the S-Center if interested!

Last edited:
T

tonsoftork

Audiophyte
Pictures

Can you send me some pics to tonsoftork@aol.com. Also what did you use to power these and what mains and center did you use?
Thanks alot
David

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
These were powered for about a month with a Sony STR-De485 but only used lightly. I then got a Denon AVR-985 (basically the 2805) and have been powering with them for a few months. My fronts in my system are JBL Northridge E60s and the center is the Studio Series Center II (same model as the rears). I took some pics and will have them upoloaded tonight. Thanks for the interest!

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
Pics didnt come out very well, ill have to retake, sorry for delay

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis