D

Dale of PA

Audiophyte
I'm looking to replace my vintage Utah's from the early 70's. I would like a smaller compact speaker. I'm currently looking at the JBL Arena 130 and the Cerwin Vega XLS-6. Specifications on both speakers are fairly similar. I mostly listen to late 60's to mid 80's rock music and currently using an Onkyo TX 8511 receiver. Any opinions on which one is more favorable would be appreciated. Thank you,

Dale

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would choose JBL exactly 100% of the time over CV if the same spec. Not 99.99%, but 100%. :)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
In my general experience I would have to agree with that assessment.

JBL is owned by Harman Group and they historically have produced good quality mid-fi speakers for decades.

Cerwin Vega is a party speaker... and that's about it.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
In my general experience I would have to agree with that assessment.

JBL is owned by Harman Group and they historically have produced good quality mid-fi speakers for decades.

Cerwin Vega is a party speaker... and that's about it.
you say that like its a bad thing, lol.. CV has their place, If I were looking to buy something to smash on at levels where I can not tell if it is an accurate reproduction of the material or not, I would go with a CV speaker, I heard some 215's that were just LOUD and obnoxious....

Now there are better options than both of them out there, what is your actual budget?

D

Dale of PA

Audiophyte
Thanks for the opinions. I decided on the JBL as for as these go. I may consider buying larger speakers later for a music room I have planned in the future. I'm not sure between tower JBL's or Cerwin Vega SL12. Are there any opinions on these? Thanks,

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Budget? I just bought a pair of small JBL's for my 5.1 setup and I love them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis