JBL Black Friday deals: Studio 590s: $450 each shipped, Studio 520: $180 shipped

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
im novice. its an 11x11square room. i count on audyssey to make the speakers and sub sound the best they can.

i like audyssey flat the most, i think. id rather keep audyssey on because it measures the speakers distances and levels. i raised the center channel a couple db.

but since you mentioned it. maybe with audyssey off i could experiment. but i dont know if the measurements will stay
It should retain delay/levels with Audyssey off. You may find something you like this way, but maybe not....just ideas to experiment with.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
i like audyssey flat the most, i think. id rather keep audyssey on because it measures the speakers distances and levels. i raised the center channel a couple db.
If you turn Audyssey off, you will not lose the distance and level matched settings, just the EQ portion!

Costs nothing to try!

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
ok i turned audyssey off and found eq and set 8k ant 16k to plus 3 for all 5.0 speakers
watching the new tomb raider to see if i like it

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
ok i turned audyssey off and found eq and set 8k ant 16k to plus 3 for all 5.0 speakers
watching the new tomb raider to see if i like it
So, how did that work? Did you get the detail you wanted?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
JBL Studio 590: $450 + free shipping
JBL Studio 520: $180 + free shipping
JBL Studio 230: $270 + free shipping

Those look like the most notable deals but they have discounts on nearly everything. Those are fantastically good deals, especially for the 590s.
Just wanted to mention that these are still on sale and also, they have
JBL Studio 580: $380 + free shipping (similar to 590, but dual 6.5" woofers instead of dual 8")
JBL Studio 550P 10" Sealed Sub: $180 + free shipping (not much in the way of thorough reviews available on this sub, but 50 pounds for a 10" sealed sub is impressive - the $500 SVS SB1000 10" sealed sub weighs 27 pounds)
Unfortunately, the 12" 560P appears to be out of stock.

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
So, how did that work? Did you get the detail you wanted?
yeah i think i like it better with audyssey off and treble upped. dont really notice any difference other than the better treble

Photodan

Photodan

Enthusiast
I couldn't stop myself! Ordered the 590s ($899pr) Friday and the 520c (($180) yesterday. These are at or near these prices often but if they're discontinued????????????? And the free returns until February pushed me over the edge.

If I like them and keep them I'll be driving them with my Crown XLS1502 (running front channels out of my Denon AVR-3313 AVR), along with a pair of SVS sealed 12" subs. These will replace Martin-Logan Motion 12s (which I still like a lot.) Funny.....those ML12s were going to be my last set of speakers. Go figure?

Can't wait to hear these things (and see the expression on my wife's face when she walks into the media room and sees these giants. Gonna be priceless!)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I couldn't stop myself! Ordered the 590s ($899pr) Friday and the 520c (($180) yesterday. These are at or near these prices often but if they're discontinued????????????? And the free returns until February pushed me over the edge.

If I like them and keep them I'll be driving them with my Crown XLS1502 (running front channels out of my Denon AVR-3313 AVR), along with a pair of SVS sealed 12" subs. These will replace Martin-Logan Motion 12s (which I still like a lot.) Funny.....those ML12s were going to be my last set of speakers. Go figure?

Can't wait to hear these things (and see the expression on my wife's face when she walks into the media room and sees these giants. Gonna be priceless!)
I really like and am interested in these as well please let me know your impressions would love to know what you think of them

Photodan

Photodan

Enthusiast
They'vs shipped already, via UPS, and it'll be interesting to see how they handle those huge cartons. Several otheers have complained abut shipping damage. We'll see?

Yeah, I'll happily write my impressions of them when I wrestle them into their final position in the media room. From 1982 until around 2005 I owned and enjoyed a pair of AR9s, 110#ea monsters. When I sold them I thought they would be the last pair of 4' tall speakers I'd ever own. Who knew?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I meant polarizing in appearance some people seem to love them some people don't. Yeah I actually like horns if there well designed. If I hadn't fallen in love with those SVS prime towers and want to go to the ultra's these speakers with that sale would be super high on my list
The center is dual 4” so AVR crossover would be set pretty high. Although some of you guys run towers for center. :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'd sure as heck run a matching tower for center but my damn tv gets in the way :)
The TV screen is glass (very reflective) so you can put the speaker behind you and just bounce the sound off of your TV (like the bouncey-house atmos speakers)!:p
Acoustically transparent projector screens? Who needs 'em - freakin' waste of money!

J/k- sarcasm, in case anyone has any question!:rolleyes:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The TV screen is glass (very reflective) so you can put the speaker behind you and just bounce the sound off of your TV (like the bouncey-house atmos speakers)!:p
Acoustically transparent projector screens? Who needs 'em - freakin' waste of money!

J/k- sarcasm, in case anyone has any question!:rolleyes:
LOL so I should just order that third 590 and put it behind my tv until I build something that can accommodate an AT screen? :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis