JBL 308P mk2 for $125 ea!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
B&H Photo Video offers the JBL Powered 8" 2-Way Studio Monitor for $249. Coupon code "HDAY1718" cuts it to $124.50. With free shipping,

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1381118-REG/jbl_308p_mkii_powered.html

I don't know when it ends, but the code, "HDAY1718" may mean that it started yesterday and ends today? Don't know where else the 1718 part came from.

I never noticed the LSR-305's being discounted so much we have seen the various new versions discounted! I wonder if this reflects Samsungs involvement with a different marketing strategy. Perhaps Samsung knows something about leveraging "very high volume production" to get the costs down (that JBL didn't) and/or they want JBL to become more of a ubiquitous household name?

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That extra 9 in the speaker model made me wonder what the heck this was :) Damn that's a good price. If I hadn't picked up those 4311Bs the other day....

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Damn that's a good deal. Why do I find myself filling out the cart excited to buy when the last thing I need in my house are more speakers?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Damn that's a good deal. Why do I find myself filling out the cart excited to buy when the last thing I need in my house are more speakers?
You are asking the wrong people!
I know I can't help you with that one!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Are you going to try these with your drum set?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I did not see an expiration date, but if you are interested, follow the link and enter the promo code and see!

jinjuku

jinjuku

I have a pair NIB arriving Friday for $269 shipped. I can't DIY anything near these without a 3D printer. And yes this is thread revival.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I have a pair NIB arriving Friday for $269 shipped. I can't DIY anything near these without a 3D printer. And yes this is thread revival.
Is this a deal that others can take advantage of?
Where did you get them?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Is this a deal that others can take advantage of?
Where did you get them?
My local guitar center got them open box from another store. So maybe not NIB? I just know they were a display pair.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Right?!

Damn you Kurt! *shakes fist*

jinjuku

jinjuku

You've been doing this for a while!
What was it that led you to this subwoofer over the more traditional ID options?
Simple curiosity... I ended up getting the subs for $270 each so a 10% discount. Also I don't think I could DIY these at the prices they are at.

The last thing I can think of is that I have 4 DIY builds and I know how they sound in relation to one another. Just curious to see what a well respected, affordable, good engineering pedigree will do compared to my Statements, or my GR - Research bookshelf units.

I have another DIY build I'm planning for August/September.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Simple curiosity... I ended up getting the subs for $270 each so a 10% discount. Also I don't think I could DIY these at the prices they are at.

The last thing I can think of is that I have 4 DIY builds and I know how they sound in relation to one another. Just curious to see what a well respected, affordable, good engineering pedigree will do compared to my Statements, or my GR - Research bookshelf units.

I have another DIY build I'm planning for August/September.
Cool!
Hope we get to hear your thoughts!
Do you have a way to off-load the deeper bass from the monitors? I'm not sure how (or if) pro-audio handles this.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Cool!
Do you have a way to off-load the deeper bass from the monitors? I'm not sure how (or if) pro-audio handles this.
The Subs have a cross over built in. So you make both your low and high pass there. It's DAC balanced out to balanced in on the subs then from the subs to the monitors.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Cool!
I plan too. I needed a commercial setup to use as point of reference and wanted to keep it around the same cost as my Statements. The JBL setup at it's normal pricing would have been $500 for the monitors and $800 for the subs. So right in line with what I spent on the Statements.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis