Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/08/arts/music/jack-renner-recording-master-and-a-founder-of-telarc-dies-at-84.html

My all-time favorite recording engineer. I'm not sure I own every classic Telarc CD, but I must be close.

I'll listen to one tonight in his memory.
Will it be Verdi's Requiem? I have it and that was very well recorded. The performance is amazing and the big drum punch is well picked up. You definitely need good woofers or subs to properly reproduce it.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Bummer... I own several Telarc discs, and have heard many more. ...And another fades out....

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Will it be Verdi's Requiem? I have it and that was very well recorded. The performance is amazing and the big drum punch is well picked up. You definitely need good woofers or subs to properly reproduce it.

Thinking of it, I'm going to listen to that recording tonight. As some of you already know, I'm a Verdi nut!:D
Edit: Jack Renner was the recording engineer

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I was thinking the Nocturnes of John Field.
Unfortunately, I don't have a recording of any of Field's works. By the way, I heard one of his works on the radio last week, but don't remember exactly what it was. However, I found what I heard rather interesting.
I might look for the Nocturnes on CD, but nowadays I have more interest in Blu-ray discs with better sound performances than on most CDs, and with the view of the musicians and artists as a plus.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Unfortunately, I don't have a recording of any of Field's works. By the way, I heard one of his works on the radio last week, but don't remember exactly what it was. However, I found what I heard rather interesting.
I might look for the Nocturnes on CD, but nowadays I have more interest in Blu-ray discs with better sound performances than on most CDs, and with the view of the musicians and artists as a plus.
I'm a solo piano nut, so piano works usually come to my mind first. John O'Conor plays the Nocturnes exquisitely, as he does all 32 of Beethoven's Piano Sonatas. (I used to own three other versions of the Sonatas, but after hearing O'Conor's version I gave away the others.) My second choice for a grander Telarc CD was Beethoven's 9th Symphony, but in the end I wanted something better suited to reflection.

I own the Verdi CD you're referencing, but I'm just not in the mood for opera tonight.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis