I've made a decision on my subwoofer

T

Tom Steele

After dealing with the hassles from Yamaha and two failed YST-800 subs, I've finally come up with a solution.

I've ordered a Velodyne SPL-1200 II.

I did this based on the following,

I have a CHT-12 in my master bedroom and like it.
My brother has a CHT-15 in his family room and I like it.
I wanted to step up and see what one of Velodyne's upper-midrange subs sound like.

So wish me luck! And goodbye Yamaha!

-Tom Steele

P.S. I'll post a review when I get the sub up and running.

U

Unregistered

Make sure you disconnect it during a heavy thunderstorm that could knock out the power, otherwise you'll have the same problem with the Velodyne as you had with the Yamaha.

annunaki

annunaki

That could happen with any piece of electronics, light bulb, refridgerator...

A good surge protector with a connected equipment warranty should be sufficent. I use Panamax and have NEVER had a problem with my Velodyne HGS-10.

That should be an excellent sub for you Tom. Good Luck! :)

T

Tom Steele

That's Absurd

Unregistered said:
Make sure you disconnect it during a heavy thunderstorm that could knock out the power, otherwise you'll have the same problem with the Velodyne as you had with the Yamaha.
Do you go around unplugging everything before you go to bed at night, "in case there is a storm?" Or before you leave for work each day? What, is this 1950?

I use Panamax surge protectors. A direct lightning hit will kill anything, surge protected or not. That's when homeowner's insurance kicks in. You should easily blow past your deductible.

But if my stove, microwave, tv's and amps can handle the usual power outage crap then so should a sub...

-Tom Steele

T

Tom Steele

Thanks, I may need it.

annunaki said:
That could happen with any piece of electronics, light bulb, refridgerator...

A good surge protector with a connected equipment warranty should be sufficent. I use Panamax and have NEVER had a problem with my Velodyne HGS-10.

That should be an excellent sub for you Tom. Good Luck! :)
I ordered it, got an e-mail the next day from the dealer saying he wouldn't have it for three weeks minimum. I called EVERY online dealer in the ~$1,000 range and they all said the same thing. All except one.

http://www.elegantaudiovideo.com/default.htm

Mark told me they had it in stock and took my order. It came out about $40 more than most of the other dealers (~$1,020).

I'm trusting he was telling the truth. I'll be sure to make sure EVERYONE knows if he wasn't! :) - (or if he was!)

If that falls through I may look at Outlaw LFM-1, SVS or PSB 6i.

-Tom Steele

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis