I've got upgraditis... severe reel to reel upgraditis.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Hi guys,
I love my TEAC A3340S 4 track deck, but I want something larger and with more tracks. I'm thinking the TASCAM 38 8 track 1/2" deck would be my best choice, but I need some suggestions. I need something semi-professional to professional, runs at 15 IPS, has NAB 10.5" reel capability, and has at least 8 tracks or more. Any suggestions? @TLS Guy, @TechHDS, or @speakerman39 could ya'll help me with this?
Thanks,
Ryan

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think like TLS suggested you become a reel-to-reel tech.....just think of all the toys you'd run across by being one of the few able to service such?

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
I think like TLS suggested you become a reel-to-reel tech.....just think of all the toys you'd run across by being one of the few able to service such?
I always buy one that's already been serviced... extra penny or not, it's worth it.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Oh, you mean like Sam Palermo, aka Skywavebe? Yes, I'd love that job!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hi guys,
I love my TEAC A3340S 4 track deck, but I want something larger and with more tracks. I'm thinking the TASCAM 38 8 track 1/2" deck would be my best choice, but I need some suggestions. I need something semi-professional to professional, runs at 15 IPS, has NAB 10.5" reel capability, and has at least 8 tracks or more. Any suggestions? @TLS Guy, @TechHDS, or @speakerman39 could ya'll help me with this?
Thanks,
Ryan
Hello there Ryan. Sorry to now just back to you, but I have been rather busy. Just got home from the Endless Shrimp. My ole my was it ever good. But, for some reason I now have a bad toothache. Just seen my dentist last week and everything seemed just fine. Now, maybe not so much. BTW, I know nothing about turntables whatsoever. It has never been my thing. However, the others you mentioned above should be able to assist you in your quest. Have a good night my friend! :)

Cheers,

Phil

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Hello there Ryan. Sorry to now just back to you, but I have been rather busy. Just got home from the Endless Shrimp. My ole my was it ever good. But, for some reason I now have a bad toothache. Just seen my dentist last week and everything seemed just fine. Now, maybe not so much. BTW, I know nothing about turntables whatsoever. It has never been my thing. However, the others you mentioned above should be able to assist you in your quest. Have a good night my friend! :)

Cheers,

Phil
Sorry to hear about your toothache. I'll keep you in our prayers. So the endless shrimp was good? Gosh I should've been there! I love good food! And reel to reels are not vinyl, they're magnetic tape machines. I get toothaches sometimes that are just plumb bad for a long time, but I have no cavities. I usually happens when I hit my gum really hard during brushing my teeth or flossing, and I think it damages the nerve ending. Hakuna matata on the response. I'm in no rush. Haste makes waste, usually. Don't rush.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
The trouble with all tape recorders is they require frequent service and cleaning of heads, capstans, and rollers. This is especially true for those that run at speeds of 15 IPS with large reels.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
The trouble with all tape recorders is they require frequent service and cleaning of heads, capstans, and rollers. This is especially true for those that run at speeds of 15 IPS with large reels.
That's no problem. I clean heads, capstans, and pinch rollers everyday it seems like! I also oil motors once a month. I don't use 10.5 at 15 IPS, I use 7.5 reels.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Hi guys,
Thanks,
Ryan
Ryan, without a Doubt! TLS Guy, is your go to for Advice on real to reel, very Knowledgeable and has a ton of experience with high-end and semi pro real to reel’s.

Mike

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry to hear about your toothache. I'll keep you in our prayers. So the endless shrimp was good? Gosh I should've been there! I love good food! And reel to reels are not vinyl, they're magnetic tape machines. I get toothaches sometimes that are just plumb bad for a long time, but I have no cavities. I usually happens when I hit my gum really hard during brushing my teeth or flossing, and I think it damages the nerve ending. Hakuna matata on the response. I'm in no rush. Haste makes waste, usually. Don't rush.
Yeah Ryan the Endless Shrimp really was good. I could eat shrimp every single day and never tire of it. If you lived closer I would have been delighted to have you join us. My toothache is a little better today. But, plan to get back into my dentist to see what is going on. As far as reel to reel goes I am merely all CD. I also use both youtube and/or Pandora a lot. Hope your day is going well. Thank you so much for the prayers. We all need those. :)

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis