I've got money, and I'm willing. Problem is, I don't know much.

J

Jake_z

Audiophyte
Hello there.
This question may seem a bit silly, but anyway... [couldn't find anything similar in 'Before You Ask...' thread]

Since I can remember, i was always a bit sound-quality-freak [maybe cuz my both parents are musicians], especially about bass level, which I always liked relatively louder ;D
I've never had any good speakers, and this year, I've put aside some dough, and decided that I'll buy some really decent ones.
Now, I've got about 2000$ to spend, and I was thinking about home theater speakers system. What I'm not sure about is if home theater speakers are good for listening music, cuz I rarely watch any movies or TV. The reason I chose home theater is because, I love that surround effect.

If they're ok for that purpose, what could You guys suggest? [what do you think of these systems www_intellexual_net/speaker5_html ??] [ _ = dot]

If no, can anyone suggest appropriate speakers? :confused:

Thanks a lot for any advices, Jake

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
If you intend to focus on music, I would not recommend any of the smaller satellite systems. I would suggest building a stereo system in one of two ways. Either spend the whole budget on a pair of full range towers or on a pair of good bookshelf speakers and a good subwoofer. If you like, you can add speakers later to build it into a home theater surround system at a later date but in the meantime, you will have a solid system for music listening.

Try to listen to speakers at your local audio shops. Look for brands such as B&W, Dynaudio, Focal.JMLabs, Monitor Audio, Paradigm, PSB, Energy, Era and others in that range. If you choose to use a sub, look to SVS and Hsu Research. The budget will allow for a fine setup, which ever way you choose to go.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis