It appears that my wife is battling another round of cancer.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
That is very tough news. All the best – thoughts, prayers & wishes – and sympathetic ears.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
A lot will depend on her state of mind and well being....that said... Stage four is usually not a good sign. I have 3 kids and a loving wife....but I had a huge part of me ripped out when my mother died 09/22/19....she was getting treatment for H-pylori symptoms with anti biotics...they ran their course felt worse....took her to the local ER on 09/15/19....blood work came back her hemoglobin was ~80...took for an ultra sound and they came back with stage 4 liver metastasis diagnosis...she had several 4cm long lesions ....I've still not recovered, to this day....in any event give her all your love and support....:)
I don't think db wants to hear a lot of bad news. With the information we have this is far from a hopeless situation. From what we know so far, this is stage 4a. So further workup needs to be done to see if in fact it is stage 4b.

Surgery may or may not be required. However the foundation of treatment is combined radiation and chemo therapy. It is those combined modalities that give the best survival advantage. Form the information provided, this is far from a hopeless situation right now and db needs to know that.

Billy106

Billy106

Audioholic Intern
I don't think db wants to hear a lot of bad news. With the information we have this is far from a hopeless situation. From what we know so far, this is stage 4a. So further workup needs to be done to see if in fact it is stage 4b.

Surgery may or may not be required. However the foundation of treatment is combined radiation and chemo therapy. It is those combined modalities that give the best survival advantage. Form the information provided, this is far from a hopeless situation right now and db needs to know that.
Agreed....given the medical teams are discussing treatments it's very good news.

My intentions were not to be the bearer of bad news....like in our case...options being available & discussed for her treatment is a very encouraging sign...she's definitely has what it takes to tackle this menace.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The surgery was a partial success or failure depending on how you look at. It wrapped itself around the carodid artery which the surgeon would not touch but was able to remove a significant part of the blood supply to the tumor. She took her one and only chemo treatment which almost did her in so no more chemo. Its now down to radiation to see if they can kill off the tumour. She's completed 10 out of 35 treatments. We've been in and out of emerg the last couple of weeks and now's she being held in until she get her strength back. They are going to put in a stomach tube and remove the nasal gastric tube as it triggers her gag reflex to easily. Mentally she's beginning to give up which is the hardest thing for me to endure. This has been such a terrible journey so far and its just going to get worse.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
The surgery was a partial success or failure depending on how you look at. It wrapped itself around the carodid artery which the surgeon would not touch but was able to remove a significant part of the blood supply to the tumor. She took her one and only chemo treatment which almost did her in so no more chemo. Its now down to radiation to see if they can kill off the tumour. She's completed 10 out of 35 treatments. We've been in and out of emerg the last couple of weeks and now's she being held in until she get her strength back. They are going to put in a stomach tube and remove the nasal gastric tube as it triggers her gag reflex to easily. Mentally she's beginning to give up which is the hardest thing for me to endure. This has been such a terrible journey so far and its just going to get worse.
Oh my God my heart truly goes out to you and your wife. I cannot begin to fully understand what you are truly going through. All I can say is I'm beyond sorry that you, and especially your wife has to go through this.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
No, this is not good news. I think though you need to talk to your wife, and really listen to what she wants for herself and care. You talk about her"wanting to give up". This might actually be acceptance, which is common and healthy. When at a palliative time in the treatment regime, sometimes, a close time with you in her own home guided by skilled and compassionate hospice nurses can be the best decision. And actually when this option is the right one, patients actually live the longest, and certainly with the best quality of life at this time.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm so sorry to hear the turn of events. Hard as it is, just be strong for her.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I'm sorry to hear this news. Please accept our best wishes for both you and your wife. Your wife seems to be in good hands. Please take care of yourself.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
And thing you need from us just ask. I don't really know what else to say.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'm sorry to be seeing this now, I was away the last couple of weeks and hadn't been checking in. I imagine you have your hands pretty full right now, @3db. But, you and your wife are in my thoughts and I hope it's going well for you both, considering the circumstances.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My wife is losing her fight with cancer. New growths were detected on the other side of her neck despite the radiation treatments. She was able to come home for a week and today, I moved her into a hospice close to home. I was looking forward to another 30 years of marriage but that is not in our cards.

My advice to everyone out there is to live and enjoy your spouse like it was their last day on earth. The mundane issues that come up in day to day living mean absolutely nothing and that love is all you really need.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I just read this sad news. I'm so sorry.

I have already put your advice into my daily practice.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
My wife is losing her fight with cancer. New growths were detected on the other side of her neck despite the radiation treatments. She was able to come home for a week and today, I moved her into a hospice close to home. I was looking forward to another 30 years of marriage but that is not in our cards.

My advice to everyone out there is to live and enjoy your spouse like it was their last day on earth. The mundane issues that come up in day to day living mean absolutely nothing and that love is all you really need.
Very sorry to hear. I can only say that if you had thirty years of a great marriage, that is something to cherish. You are lucky to have known someone you can find happiness with. I have known so many people who haven't managed that.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
When you hear news like this the natural thing to do is apply it to your own life... I just can't imagine.

You are both in my thoughts.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

Sorry to hear this.

I will take your advise to heart.

HTnewb

HTnewb

Junior Audioholic
So sorry you and especially your wife, are going through this. Our prayers are with you and your family.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis