It’s been a while...Time for a new sub

S

syberman

Junior Audioholic
Hello everyone,
I haven’t posted in a while, hope everyone here is doing well and staying safe in these times. So, a while back I purchased 2 SVS Ultra towers, 1 Ultra center and 4 Ultra surrounds. I have a BIC 12” sub that I’ve been using. It served it’s purpose, I think lol.

Anyway, the sub rattles at different times when watching movies, tv or music. I’ve made my mind up on the SVS PB2000. Now, the one that’s piano black, that’s what my surround speakers are, that’s what I’d prefer. The other PB2000 with the wood grain has 2 ports and the piano black does not.

How important are those ports? Would I get better sound ported or not, this is the question. Any help is always appreciated. Thank you.

Syber

S

syberman

Junior Audioholic
Pretty much can't go wrong with SVS subs.
Your right but one model has 2 air ports and the other does not.Should I go with the ports or no ports, that’s what I’m uncertain of and I’m requesting a helpful hand here to solidify my decision.

Syber

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
The ported sub will give you better output it'll dig deeper. In my opinion that's the only way to go

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Hello everyone,
I haven’t posted in a while, hope everyone here is doing well and staying safe in these times. So, a while back I purchased 2 SVS Ultra towers, 1 Ultra center and 4 Ultra surrounds. I have a BIC 12” sub that I’ve been using. It served it’s purpose, I think lol.

Anyway, the sub rattles at different times when watching movies, tv or music. I’ve made my mind up on the SVS PB2000. Now, the one that’s piano black, that’s what my surround speakers are, that’s what I’d prefer. The other PB2000 with the wood grain has 2 ports and the piano black does not.

How important are those ports? Would I get better sound ported or not, this is the question. Any help is always appreciated. Thank you.

Syber
If you want Piano black with a satin finish like my Grand Piano the HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP Sub is a perfect match and sounds awesome.

S

syberman

Junior Audioholic
I want to do some research on the HSU LOL! It gets more confusing.

Syber

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I want to do some research on the HSU LOL! It gets more confusing.

Syber
Now your talking! do your own research. Advice is what it is nothing is better than doing ones own research.

S

syberman

Junior Audioholic
Yes, your right. I like to get all experts opinion here first. I’ll make a decision in a few days, I’ll keep everyone updated. My old sub is tucked away in the corner and really can’t see it. But someday I would like to move it in between a Ultra tower and my tv stand. If I do that, I’d like to keep the piano gloss finish.
Syber

S

syberman

Junior Audioholic
Hello all,
Just wanted to update everyone here on my decision on a sub. I originally was looking at a SVS 2000, which comes with a 12” driver. This sub isn’t ported nor does it come in piano black. I wasn’t sure if ported or sealed was better. So, I came here to ask the experts. My decision then was made with a ported sub and I’m happy to say I pulled the trigger on HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP.

I placed the order about 2 hrs ago and I can’t wait to get it! I’d just like to thank everyone here for their input on my decision, thank you all!!
Syber

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hello all,
Just wanted to update everyone here on my decision on a sub. I originally was looking at a SVS 2000, which comes with a 12” driver. This sub isn’t ported nor does it come in piano black. I wasn’t sure if ported or sealed was better. So, I came here to ask the experts. My decision then was made with a ported sub and I’m happy to say I pulled the trigger on HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP.

I placed the order about 2 hrs ago and I can’t wait to get it! I’d just like to thank everyone here for their input on my decision, thank you all!!
Syber
I think you made a good decision. That sub is ported but has some options to approximate a sealed sub, too. I think you chose well, that's a very good sub for the $!

S

syberman

Junior Audioholic
T
I think you made a good decision. That sub is ported but has some options to approximate a sealed sub, too. I think you chose well, that's a very good sub for the $!
Thank you! I’m excited to hear what this can do and how much better my listening experience will be. This is my first “real” sub. I’ve never heard it but read my good things about it on here and other places.
Syber

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
T

Thank you! I’m excited to hear what this can do and how much better my listening experience will be. This is my first “real” sub. I’ve never heard it but read my good things about it on here and other places.
Syber
OTOH don't over imagine what it can do :)

S

syberman

Junior Audioholic
Hello everyone,
I received delivery of my new HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP sub on Monday. The box had fragile stickers on it but I don’t think anyone cared. The cardboard box was beat up on one side and I was certain the sub was damaged. I painstakingly carried the box from my garage to my living room and I unplugged my old sub. I started to open the HSU box and I was ready to be disappointed to see scratches or something worse on the side of the box that was damaged. I flipped the box and this beautiful sub comes out. I was was absolutely floored that this thing did not have the slightest scratch on it! I was now truly happy and even more excited to hook this up and hear what it could do.

I hooked up the sub and ran the sound test on my Pioneer Elite receiver. After doing its thing, I popped in a blu ray, fast and furious. I sat back and was in aww! The room filled with amazing sound. I continued to test many other DVD’s, Netflix and music. It’s not boomy at all, it’s tight and crisp.

Before I got this sub, I used to read on the forums that a quality sub is important. I thought the listener just needed to hear a “boom” Well, I was completely wrong. This sub is fantastic and having it only for 2 days, it’s made movies and music that more enjoyable. Thank you all for your recommendations!
Syber

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Very nice! It's a good sub. Make sure to let Hsu know how happy you are with the sub, these kind of reports always cheer up the staff of these companies.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis