Issue with PS3 and the downloaded Big Surf Island for Burnout Paradise

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Okay I download Big Surf Island {new content} for the disc based Burnout Paradise for the Ps3. Since installing, the first time playing the sound cuts out fairly frequently and on several occasions the game play totally froze for probably 20-30 seconds Prior to the new content the game {and others} performs perfectly {with other game updates and other add ons}. Now in trying different attempts, it just sits at the load menu for ever, long enough for me to reset the machine. Seems to be going nowhere now. I tried unhooking it to the internet to make sure it wasn't a server issue. I don't play online {a few attempts} because we have Wild Blue satellite and the lag presents some issues, but the game is always connected. So what I want to try is to uninstall the newest content and see if that helps, then reinstall. So questions, will I be charged again for the download and where do I find it on the menu to delete it. I know how to delete game demos and stuff. All other operations of the PS3 are fine as lone as you don't try start the game. :( help PS: would prefer not to lose all my saved files ie- progress for the game as well.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That sucks but I have had something similar happen with at least 2 games - just last week with Assassin's Creed that my son wanted to play. Look in game data as it is probably corrupt. I would back up your game saves to an external drive (USB), but they should be fine. If the add-on shows up in game data, just delete that. If it is only burnout paradise, then delete that and let it build a new game data file.

You will not have to pay for the update again, it is in account info -> downloads (don't remember exact location, but should be easy to locate) You can re-download anything in there, but it takes the same amount of time it took to originally download obviously. I had to do that for COD4 when I installed the new hard disc and had to redownload the add-on because mine was corrupt.

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for your reply, the weird thing is that I see no evidence of the additional new content {except for on screen menu while its attempting to load}. I played it once and since trying again it seems screwed. The only thing in the Game Data Utility is just Burnout Paradise V1.90 dated 2/22/2007, which I assume is a game update. Well I think I will delete that and see where that goes :eek:....thanks again....

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
That didn't help...reinstalled everything...still the same problem. :(

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Funny story... :eek: in short, make sure your disc don't look like they have been handled with some one who just ate fried chicken! :eek: I swear I didn't, but there were several very dense figure prints, shined it up real purty, and works like a charm. Never got any "can't read" messages though, oh well, just glad the trauma is over and I can start burnin' :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Funny story... :eek: in short, make sure your disc don't look like they have been handled with some one who just ate fried chicken! :eek: I swear I didn't, but there were several very dense figure prints, shined it up real purty, and works like a charm. Never got any "can't read" messages though, oh well, just glad the trauma is over and I can start burnin' :)
Glad that it was not something serious and that you are back up and burning :) I am generally the only one who touches my PS3 discs, but I still check them and now and again I will find fingerprints on there.

SopRage

SopRage

Audioholic
Sorry to hear it. Downloaded the same thing for 360 and haven't had any problems.

I know that's not any help. Hope you can get it resolved; Big Surf Island is pretty sweet!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis