Issue with Pioneer s-hs50 sub and vsx-522 receiver

I

Irkieran

Audiophyte
Hello!

tried everything I can find online and even here, but unsure what’s going on. Sub was working fine until this morning, partner sat on the remote and then couldn’t figure out what he did, and then factory reset the receiver.
I’ve since set everything up again, and have the speakers set to small etc and can see there’s a sub recognised there, however can’t get any sound out of it whatsoever.
Anyone by any chance know what the deal is?

thank you!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Doubt sitting on a remote would fry the sub. I'd try the full reset of the avr again (and unplug the sub for a soft reset as well). More info about settings in avr and on sub could help, tho....

I

Irkieran

Audiophyte
Yeah I’m guessing there’s a setting somewhere I don’t know of that’s causing the issue.
Unsure of any of the settings tbh. I’ve just literally made sure the speakers are all on s and it’s set as Dolby surround.
Using an optical cable running from the TV, all other devices are running into tv via hdmi.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah I’m guessing there’s a setting somewhere I don’t know of that’s causing the issue.
Unsure of any of the settings tbh. I’ve just literally made sure the speakers are all on s and it’s set as Dolby surround.
Using an optical cable running from the TV, all other devices are running into tv via hdmi.
To return to former settings sometimes a soft reset (unplugging it for a short bit) might do it, but if actual changes were made you can't figure out maybe a full microprocessor or factory reset is in order, should be in your avr manual.

I

Irkieran

Audiophyte
Okay did it. Same deal as before. For some reason sub just isn’t working.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You might try testing the sub itself, bypassing the avr.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Have you tried running a movie (with LFE)? Or just listening to music?

Are you certain that you are not just trying music in a direct or pure direct setting that will never send a signal to the sub?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Have you tried running a movie (with LFE)? Or just listening to music?

Are you certain that you are not just trying music in a direct or pure direct setting that will never send a signal to the sub?
Good point, I seem to remember my Pioneer didn't use the sub in stereo mode....

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Thought the same but they did mention having it in Dolby Surround Mode with Small setting for speakers. I'd pull the plug of the sub from the receiver and give it a few taps with a finger. If sub responds, it's a setting in the receiver.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis