isolating power cables ??

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
can anyone tell me if this would be a good product to gather all the power wires behind my component cabinet ? I've got 6 components in the system stack and a pretty good rat's nest of wires in the back.

it's a 3/8 inch thick polyethlyene soft foam that's normally used to insulate pipes. it has a slit side with adhesive on both sides of the slit that could easily let the cables from each shelf. it also has the advantage of being a dark color and would not call attention to itself

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc/searchResults.jsp&BV_SessionID=@@@@0271117883.1097955942@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccffadcmkmejiekcgelceffdfgidgkk.0&MID=9876

will polyethylene carry or develop any static charges or would it make a nice and cheap housing for the component power cables ? is 3/8 inch sufficient insulation for power cables ??

U

Unregistered

Might be nice to keep all the power cords together, but won't do a damn thing as far as isolation.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Leprkon said:
can anyone tell me if this would be a good product to gather all the power wires behind my component cabinet ? I've got 6 components in the system stack and a pretty good rat's nest of wires in the back.

it's a 3/8 inch thick polyethlyene soft foam that's normally used to insulate pipes. it has a slit side with adhesive on both sides of the slit that could easily let the cables from each shelf. it also has the advantage of being a dark color and would not call attention to itself

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc/searchResults.jsp&BV_SessionID=@@@@0271117883.1097955942@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccffadcmkmejiekcgelceffdfgidgkk.0&MID=9876

will polyethylene carry or develop any static charges or would it make a nice and cheap housing for the component power cables ? is 3/8 inch sufficient insulation for power cables ??
If you like that look, why not? Or, you can just use tie wires or straps here and there. Much easier to keep it away from the signal wires that you could also tie togeter.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis