Is this sub tower any good?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
The box looks decent enough. The drivers look like car audio drivers.

But the thing that conserns me is the amp. If those are 4 ohm drivers, they have to be wired in parallel, cause series will put an unbelievable load on the amp. And if they are 350Watts each, that amp will not power it to very high levels.

For 1500Bucks, you can get better. Especially since this is rated to 25Hz. My DPS-12 has the same rating, which happens to be true.

SheepStar

F

fergusonv

Audioholic
I wouldnt get that. It looks to be a white van kinda thing. If your looking for something like that check out a Danley Sound Labs tower of power :)

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Sheep said:
The box looks decent enough. The drivers look like car audio drivers.

But the thing that conserns me is the amp. If those are 4 ohm drivers, they have to be wired in parallel, cause series will put an unbelievable load on the amp. And if they are 350Watts each, that amp will not power it to very high levels.

For 1500Bucks, you can get better. Especially since this is rated to 25Hz. My DPS-12 has the same rating, which happens to be true.

SheepStar

If they are wired in series, it is much less of a load on the amp. They are most likely wired in series parallel.

This tower is junk, I wouldn't buy one or build one. It would actually sound better (depending on the woofers) if you eliminated most of those drivers. That size box with 2 woofers and the proper vents should extend well down to 16Hz or so.

B

BARRACUDA1968

Junior Audioholic
I was kinda thing the same thing but wanted to check first. Thanks

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The amp is actually only 250w and it costs $109, and is not going to be enough to drive all those drivers no matter how it is wired.

annunaki

annunaki

I also noticed that it uses 2-3" ports for all of the six woofers. With six woofers, one needs to provide for serious airflow. There will be some massive port noise there. I could see 2-3" ports per woofer, but for six, no way. :confused: :eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis