L

Lechatcurieux

Enthusiast
Things break and you have either a CD player with no amp or an amp with no player.

This line from the review got me:
Lolol well I’m an optimist...hoping I can get some life out of it before it breaks

L

Lechatcurieux

Enthusiast
SO,
Problem: speech is unclear on Samsung TV
Solution?: tv to amp to speakers?
Questions:
1. Is it possible?
2. If yes, what adaptors do I need?
3. Is it worth it? Seems a shame to Chuck the speakers and Amp out

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Lolol well I’m an optimist...hoping I can get some life out of it before it breaks
Oh I get that part. We all do. Sometimes you are just better off getting something that actually does what you need it to instead of trying to make something do something outside of its intended purpose.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
SO,
Problem: speech is unclear on Samsung TV
Solution?: tv to amp to speakers?
Questions:
1. Is it possible?
2. If yes, what adaptors do I need?
3. Is it worth it? Seems a shame to Chuck the speakers and Amp out
Speakers and TV are fine. You need an amp with an optical/hdmi input so you can plug your tv into it. Any integrated amp or AVR will probably fit the bill. Once you have that out of the way, you can determine if a speaker upgrade is next. Your TV isn't the culprit here.

L

Lechatcurieux

Enthusiast
Speakers and TV are fine. You need an amp with an optical/hdmi input so you can plug your tv into it. Any integrated amp or AVR will probably fit the bill. Once you have that out of the way, you can determine if a speaker upgrade is next. Your TV isn't the culprit here.
I’ve bought 3 large “top end” Samsung’s in the last 2 years, we are finding the sound quality disappointing on all of them.

L

Lechatcurieux

Enthusiast
Can I also say thank you for your help. It’s very intimidating coming onto a forum like this if you have no knowledge and you have been nothing but kind.

L

Lechatcurieux

Enthusiast
So do we think this would work

So that would be the ‘optical out’ from the Samsung one connect>>>Aux 1 on the Linn Classik>>>Mythos four speakers plugged into the speaker females on the Linn Classik.
For the cost of the little adaptor it’s worth a punt isn’t it? (Unless I’m missing something obvious). x

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I’ve bought 3 large “top end” Samsung’s in the last 2 years, we are finding the sound quality disappointing on all of them.
You kind of un-did the "top end" comment with the Samsung word after it when it comes to audio. TVs are never going to sound good. Loads of cheap AVRs will help you out and cost you little. Accessories4less is a good place if you're trying to save money.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

So that would be the ‘optical out’ from the Samsung one connect>>>Aux 1 on the Linn Classik>>>Mythos four speakers plugged into the speaker females on the Linn Classik.
For the cost of the little adaptor it’s worth a punt isn’t it? (Unless I’m missing something obvious). x
If the TV only has optical out, you'll be best served by a receiver/amp that can take that input. If you try to convert it, you'll lose quality.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja

Just to be clear, do you have the Frame TV that requires the use of the One Connect Box (ie. there is no analogue audio output on the TV itself)? If so, then that would be your only option with the Linn since the only audio output is the optical out. Otherwise, as mentioned above, you would need an audio video receiver (AVR) that has a digital optical input (which most do) that requires an optical cable.

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
Get a cheap DAC that converts digital optical to RCA out. I use a Prozor brand that I got from Amazon for $15. It sounds a tiny bit better than the DAC in my SONY CD player. Peace and goodwill.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
What is the model number of the Samsung tv?
Yeah does it not have any hdmi inputs ??? Or e arc??? Picture frame tv haha what’ a strange concept, shut it off poof it’s art ?!!
What on earth is op talking about tossing speakers for. ? No pics or descriptions of them

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis