is there such thing as

bryantm3

bryantm3

Audioholic
a good SACD/DVD-A player that only has single disc but has really good bass management, etc.? cos i bought a SACD/DVD player that's fairly easy to use and has great audio and video output, except for the 5.1 channel output - the bass management leaves a lot to be desired. i don't want a 5 disc player, i just want a one disc easy to operate dvd-a/sacd player that performs highly. i probably won't be buying it anytime soon, but i just want to keep my options open.

B

BostonMark

Audioholic
Yes

Both Denon and Pioneer's high end model both play SACDs and DVD-Audios and include bass management. Models with bass management start in the 600-700 dollar models I recall. You could check out there sites to get the exact model numbers that include bass managment.

U

Upgrade

Audiophyte
The Denon 1920 has digital bass management and it is around $350 or cheaper. But does "digital bass management" mean that it does not perform bass management on DVD-A/SACD signals since those are analog?

jcsprankle

jcsprankle

Audioholic
Check the manual

It's always a good idea to find the user manual for the item your wondering about. That usually answers most questions. On the Denon website, you can access the manuals for all the products they sell and see exactly what features are there and how they work.

On this page for the Denon 1920, click on "Downloads & Manuals" and you should see it.

You may have to step to the 2910 to get the features you want.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The 2200 had respectable bass management, so I'd expect the 2910 also does. I'm not familiar with the 1920, but I would expect that since it is a newer model, it will be satisfactory as well. It looks like the 1920 has the one important setting needed, the "bass enhancer", which corrects the 10dB offset for hires music, something that even my 2900 doesn't do. I believe the Denons all use an 80Hz x-over also, which is a good thing.

bryantm3

bryantm3

Audioholic
thank you for the replies, everyone. now i know where to look the next time i buy a SACD player.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis