Is there a Stand Alone room correction system?

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
All AVRs have a room correction but is there a “reasonable priced “ stand alone one? Price?

What do you do if you like your AVR but not it’s room correction?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
All AVRs have a room correction but is there a “reasonable priced “ stand alone one? Price?

Define reasonably priced. Minidsp would be one option. Antimode another

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Reasonable price=under $200 but preferred under $100. After All i already have 1 in my AVR, just want a second opinion.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think Gene is selling his Audyssey XT32 standalone unit.

Dirac is offering a free trial to consumers, so some people are trying that out. I think @PENG is thinking about doing that free trial. Dirac may be offering discounts too, at least to manufacturers, since a lot of people are converting over to Dirac.

But when you can get a Denon X3000 series with Audyssey XT32 on sale for $550-$600 or the X4000 series on sale for $799, might as well just buy the whole AVR. :D

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Reasonable price=under $200 but preferred under $100. After All i already have 1 in my AVR, just want a second opinion.
The basic minidsp and mic will work at 200, but unless you have external amp for the mains, it would limited to sub only

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord

Dirac do sell stand alone REQ, just check out their website to see if you consider their price reasonable. minidsp also sell some products bundled with Dirac. The lowest cost solution I know of is REW (free sofware) that works on hardware made by others, such as minidsp.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

After All i already have 1 in my AVR, just want a second opinion.
Since you mention the one if your receiver, I assume you mean one that works automatically. That narrows down the field considerably – and I’ll be surprised if anything left can be had in your price range.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

TechHDS

Audioholic General
A 50 ft. tape and SPL meter will do the job, tape is accurate and so is the meter. Now you could stand alone in your room just make everyone stay out. :p. Sorry just couldn't help myself.:cool:. But really before all the softwarebuilt-in to use for room correction calibration. Tape and a SPL was about it plus the manual that came with the unit.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis