Is the Emotiva UPA-7 a good amp to purchase?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
So I plan on swapping recievers on Saturday wiring everything up and making sure those ones in the ceilings know are working. Just run pink noise through them. That way when he comes put em in Tuesday morning he just pops an in and I got all day to set up calibrate and play! So you can still beat me to Atmos Lol. :)
I have a spool of wire on order that comes to my house tomorrow night but doubtful that I complete my speaker installs this weekend. I’ll be trying to figure out where the speakers will land at the most. :)

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
Installation is very easy, hard part is the working. Locate the studs, insure you have the space required before making any cuts. Since mine was a dropped cieling, I poked a small hole in the center of where I wanted to place the speakers. Used a small metal rod bent over at 90 degrees about 5 inches and ran it on a circle to check for any clearance . Centered the template and cut the holes

For wires I used a steel fish tape to pull the wires

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Installation is very easy, hard part is the working. Locate the studs, insure you have the space required before making any cuts. Since mine was a dropped cieling, I poked a small hole in the center of where I wanted to place the speakers. Used a small metal rod bent over at 90 degrees about 5 inches and ran it on a circle to check for any clearance . Centered the template and cut the holes

For wires I used a steel fish tape to pull the wires
Man I'm just afraid I'm gonna drop the Damn things. Plus it doesnt help that I'm afraid of heights that's no joke. Well even though it's true it is funny

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Man I'm just afraid I'm gonna drop the Damn things. Plus it doesnt help that I'm afraid of heights that's no joke. Well even though it's true it is funny
Guessing Dolby specs them to be in front and behind the listener so they don’t fall on the listener. :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Well first day off work today. Just spent the day getting everything setup. I decided to pick up 2 more amps to run the front 3 so between that and the UPA-7 I'm only going to be running 4 channels from the Denon. I figure between this and the fans I should be able to keep that beauty alive for a long long time since it will be a long time before I want to upgrade. My only concerns is the amps have different gains driving the fronts 29 and the UPA-7 32 but from what I understand when the reciever runs Audyssey it will calibrate everything and even it out. At least I'm hoping I understand it correctly. My only other curiosity is just how much power will the 4 channels being driven by the amp produce? I know there's a drop off but since I'm only using 4 out of 9 amps man I wish there was a way you could calculate it to get a rough idea. I'm not going to set it up till Tuesday that's when the ceiling speakers get installed. So once I get her all set up I'll let you all know what I think.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Well first day off work today. Just spent the day getting everything setup. I decided to pick up 2 more amps to run the front 3 so between that and the UPA-7 I'm only going to be running 4 channels from the Denon. I figure between this and the fans I should be able to keep that beauty alive for a long long time since it will be a long time before I want to upgrade. My only concerns is the amps have different gains driving the fronts 29 and the UPA-7 32 but from what I understand when the reciever runs Audyssey it will calibrate everything and even it out. At least I'm hoping I understand it correctly. My only other curiosity is just how much power will the 4 channels being driven by the amp produce? I know there's a drop off but since I'm only using 4 out of 9 amps man I wish there was a way you could calculate it to get a rough idea. I'm not going to set it up till Tuesday that's when the ceiling speakers get installed. So once I get her all set up I'll let you all know what I think.
Yep, Audyssey will match the levels for you!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Alrighty fellas the installer is coming out at 8 in the morning to install the RSL's I'd do it but like I confessed earlier I'm scared of heights. I'm just wiring up the Denon tonight getting the racks organized. I am also trying an experiment. I bought 2 crown XLS 1002 amps to run the front 3. I've noticed poking around on these threads some guys I really respect that know theyre stuff are using these crowns to run some really good gear. I've been dialoging with one of these fellas.
So I'm going to try these out on my front 3 SVS primes. The Emotiva UPA-7 to run the rest. If I like these then I'll buy 2 more of the bigger boys when I buy the SVS ultra's run these ones on my prime towers when I move them to surrounds. The UPA-7 for everything else then I'll call it a day. This should be an interesting experiment I'm looking forward to it. Back to wiring stuff up can't wait for tommorow!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis