Is the echo dot line out stereo?

K

kipepiz

Audiophyte
Hi,

Is the 3.5 mm line out on echo dot 3rd Gen is really stereo? Many forums and articles claim, the Jack is stereo but jack output is mixed into a single channel. If I connect two speakers via echo dot 3rd Gen 3.5 mm line out, will I get true stereo or both speakers produce the same mono out from echo dot?

Thanks in advance.

V

viorelc

Audioholic Intern
Maybe if you had a pair of wired headphones or earbuds around, you could test the theory. There are lots of songs with clear separation of L/R that Alexa could stream.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

K

kipepiz

Audiophyte
Maybe if you had a pair of wired headphones or earbuds around, you could test the theory. There are lots of songs with clear separation of L/R that Alexa could stream.
192.168.l.l routerlogin 192.168.0.1

Can you write an example of such songs?

Thank you for your help.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can you just ask Alexa to play test tones in each channel? On spotify there's a "Speaker Test Track Left Right Audio Tone", imagine something similar on Amazon or other services.....

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
It's been a few months, but I set up an old Sony STR-DE598 HT receiver (a good Buddy gave me when he downsized) with some very crappy speakers in the garage at our family Cabin, so I could listen to Spotify hands free via an Echo Dot (3rd Gen), while I worked on the boat. The Doors "Riders on the Storm" was definitely in stereo.

I have another Dot setup in the Dining Room upstairs here at home. I'll try to remember to test it later and advise.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes. Sounds like crap, but it's stereo.

V

viorelc

Audioholic Intern
Can you write an example of such songs?

Thank you for your help.
“Money” by Pink Floyd.

Google search “songs with stereo panning” or “songs with good stereo separation.” Results include a few Spotify playlists.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis