Is it worth repairing an old DSP-3100 Paradigm subwoofer?

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
Is it worth repairing an old DSP-3100 Paradigm subwoofer? This gave me years of service, but the amplifier has died in the unit. The unit is well out of warranty as it was purchased 12 years ago.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
My thoughts are - by the time you purchase an amp and install it. The cost would be higher then purchasing something like this

Unless you like to repair and tinker of things like this.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
The 3100 is a great little sub – I have one in my bedroom system. Mazer has a great point on replacement. But if you like the 3100’s small footprint, it would not be hard to modify it for an outboard amplifier. See the link in my signature.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
It was a great sub. Way better than my Pinnacle 100. I have half way considered getting a new amp from Paradigm and install myself, yes I do have the skill. But due to speed and bigger projects that must be completed, I am loath to pick up a new project. I am in the middle of decluttering and collapsing 30 years of data to 10 in paperwork. I may need help to do this as the size of the job is huge. I am right now reducing the last of my paperwork that has been unsorted. Much of this will have to be done by me, but may involve several weeks yet. I am shooting for a Nov 1 deadline on this due to issues with health. I'm trying to prepare for a potential move to place me in a better situation physically if not job wise.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis