Is it time to Ditch Vinyl?

Is it Time to Dump Vinyl?

• Yes. High Res digital streaming is better and here to stay.

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • No way man. Vinyl is still king.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Embrace all formats, even 8-Track!

Votes: 31 50.8%

• Total voters
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How arrogant of you. I just get finished explaining that my position on this stuff is to each their own.

You don’t even bother to enquire what my construction philosophy is, what my considerations were in designing my system. Instead, you give me your back, pull your pants down, bend over and take a dump in my face. What a class act you are.

You don’t consider that I’ve been at this for 59 years, that I have had the opportunity to listen to dozens of speakers over that time. You should be exhibiting curiosity, asking questions.

Are you aware that audiophiles dumped on 604Cs … in the late 60s, 70s, 80s, and what the reason was? Are you aware that 604Cs are back in vogue, and what the reasons are?

Oy vey iz mir. My first post in this forum. And I get s@#t on. What a welcome. I’m unsubscribing.

PS: By the way: the foto you posted is of a pair of 604Bs, not 604Cs.

PPS: I own about 300 78s.
Ah, hang around a bit first. TLS doesn't like a LOT of stuff that others enjoy. I did enjoy the nice description of "you give me your back....", tho!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
How arrogant of you. I just get finished explaining that my position on this stuff is to each their own.

You don’t even bother to enquire what my construction philosophy is, what my considerations were in designing my system. Instead, you give me your back, pull your pants down, bend over and take a dump in my face. What a class act you are.

You don’t consider that I’ve been at this for 59 years, that I have had the opportunity to listen to dozens of speakers over that time. You should be exhibiting curiosity, asking questions.

Are you aware that audiophiles dumped on 604Cs … in the late 60s, 70s, 80s, and what the reason was? Are you aware that 604Cs are back in vogue, and what the reasons are?

Oy vey iz mir. My first post in this forum. And I get s@#t on. What a welcome. I’m unsubscribing.

They just changed the paint. Actually I used the Cs.

Still a very crude driver.

Not a very good speaker no matter what you maintain. Powerful, but crude in the extreme.

I'm not against vintage gear, but I'm discriminating and know what was good and what was not so good.

This is my 78 RPM rig.

It has the correct play back eq, for pretty much any 78 RPM disc produced.

Decca ffss H4E playing the first LP I ever bought in 1954.

New and vintage equipment.

Vintage turntables,

The issue becomes knowing what is worth preserving and using from the past and what isn't. Those altec drivers are not, at least to use.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

I take it the honeymoon is over .............

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I've seen several posts in various audio groups about the tactile aspect of cds; the handling of the discs, the artwork, liner notes, etc. too. I imagine cassettes might bring that same kind of nostalgia as vinyl/cds do to some? Once cds became as portable as cassettes I ditched cassettes myself, and now with thumb drives, don't bother with discs much even in the car.
My car was stolen in the late-'80s and apparently, the dirtbag(s) had a deep appreciation of the tactile experience of cassettes- I had a case with more than 40 tapes in it and they weren't inside when it was recovered. I gave up on cassettes at that point.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My car was stolen in the late-'80s and apparently, the dirtbag(s) had a deep appreciation of the tactile experience of cassettes- I had a case with more than 40 tapes in it and they weren't inside when it was recovered. I gave up on cassettes at that point.
Yeah towards the end of my use of cassettes I had a box (40-48 ?) of my best mix tapes stolen from a car, too. Just sped up my conversion to cd.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Yeah towards the end of my use of cassettes I had a box (40-48 ?) of my best mix tapes stolen from a car, too. Just sped up my conversion to cd.

I skipped the whole CD in the car thing. My 2000 Outback which I kept until 2017 didn't have a CD player. For a while I used a cassette adaptor to a portable music player and eventually got an aftermarket radio with an Aux jack.

When I got my 2017 I went straight to USB stick and then my 2024 to Android Auto. I never used CDs in the car.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I skipped the whole CD in the car thing. My 2000 Outback which I kept until 2017 didn't have a CD player. For a while I used a cassette adaptor to a portable music player and eventually got an aftermarket radio with an Aux jack.

When I got my 2017 I went straight to USB stick and then my 2024 to Android Auto. I never used CDs in the car.
For quite a few years I used a portable cd player with the cassette converter :) Aux in wasn't a thing back then let alone a usb stick. I love the usb stick in my vehicle, way more music than a box of cassettes and never have to deal with it really....progress!

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
I had the in-dash CD player in several cars including some that had a 6 CD cartridge in the trunk that you had to load and controlled from the dash. I learned my lesson when I left the Jethro Tull Minstrel in the Gallrry box set CD in the player when I turned in my last car with a CD player. By the time I realized it the car was already sold at auction. Hopefully the buyer appreciated the bonus disc. XM radio and streaming now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis