Is anyone interested at all in Elac's new Varro Reference/Premium Series Subwoofers? Does Audioholics have any plans to review any of them?

J

JTongret

Enthusiast
Just like the title states. The Reference models look pretty slick and the room eq sounds interesting for 2 channel use. Price wise they seem to be competing with higher end manufacturers like jl. I'm curious to see how they perform. Elac looks like they want their subwoofers to be taken more serious.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The speakers do look interesting. But I think a brain donor set the pricing for the subwoofers. 1300 for a sealed 10”? C’mon… price wise yeah they seem like they’re trying to compete with “higher end subs” but it takes more than being expensive to be competitive. IMO JL is overpriced. These subs have zero interest from me. The speakers however are worth a look.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Regardless of how they sound and perform.....those surrounds look like they were left in direct intense sunlight for a month....ugly as sin.
Just bugs me looking at them.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hadn't heard of them but normally wouldn't think of Elac for subs anyways. Why are they particularly suited for 2ch use?

J

JTongret

Enthusiast
Hadn't heard of them but normally wouldn't think of Elac for subs anyways. Why are they particularly suited for 2ch use?
A lot of 2 channel listeners don't have any form of dsp or eq in their system. A competent automated eq software will give much better results than most people will get on their own without it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A lot of 2 channel listeners don't have any form of dsp or eq in their system. A competent automated eq software will give much better results than most people will get on their own without it.
That's not much to go on. Just sounds like the usual poor ability of 2ch gear to accommodate subs....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis