Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Yea, the marking people can't even keep the specs consistent. First it was 1080p, then 4k should be 2k and 8k should be 4k with horizontal lines of resolution.
Yeah with marketing today old tv would be 1920p right?? Con artists 4k is not even double.?

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

W

Wilm deni

Audiophyte
8K moves up to 7,680 x 4,320. That means there are 7,680 pixels on the horizontal axis and 4,320 on the vertical. It's likely that you'll have Full HD up to 40 inches, 4K up to 60 inches and then 8K above that in the future, so 8K only really applies to those bigger sizes - if the TV is too small, the pixels will be too tightly packed for you to be able to see any difference in the image. As detail increases you can sit and marvel in front a huge image that feels like it's engulfing you. It's here that big 8K TVs have a natural advantage, because it increases the angles that light comes into your eyes.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
8K moves up to 7,680 x 4,320. That means there are 7,680 pixels on the horizontal axis and 4,320 on the vertical. It's likely that you'll have Full HD up to 40 inches, 4K up to 60 inches and then 8K above that in the future, so 8K only really applies to those bigger sizes - if the TV is too small, the pixels will be too tightly packed for you to be able to see any difference in the image. As detail increases you can sit and marvel in front a huge image that feels like it's engulfing you. It's here that big 8K TVs have a natural advantage, because it increases the angles that light comes into your eyes.
What’s up with the fact higher your resolution more pixels aWay it is from the number we’re sold ? 8k is only 7640???
16k is 15,300 or something.
There is no 8k content yet , only 4k Blu-ray and some streaming services .
I’d say hold off on 8k til it replaces 4k , new pixel technology will be around by then don’t throw away your money.
Remember buying a 4 or 8k tv you do not get the same resolutions as in theaters the consumer is Thrown under the bus again ahah. .

Most consumer tv sizes you willl never tell the difference between 1080p , 4k or 8k .
You need a projector or a massive tv over 65”-110”.

Better contrast and color depth goes further then just resolution that’s why oled and plasma are king plus qled is close .
Sad plasma got the axe they were amazing. .:: greedy tv companies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The video in the op explains what you're touching on, in that you may be able to see a difference but you'd have to be so close to the screen that the edges fall outside your field of view. Is that what you mean by "increases the angles that light comes into your eyes"?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
The video in the op explains what you're touching on, in that you may be able to see a difference but you'd have to be so close to the screen that the edges fall outside your field of view. Is that what you mean by "increases the angles that light comes into your eyes"?
Yeah it’s really complex , who sits that close to a tv and is it bad for your eyesight??? Maybe in a bedroom you could set that close ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Maybe 8k TVs will lower the price on a bigger 4K TV for me. :)

I could go for an 82in 4K to replace my 65in. someday. :)
Exactly.

The TV Manufacturing industry has to constantly keep coming up with gimmicks to keep moving boxes. Transitioning from CRTs to flat panels, then plasma to LCD, to 3D, curved screens, to the current Qled Oled...the depreciation of return started more most people after they got their first 1080p set with an HD signal.

The 1080p TV market was mostly killed off to get 4k TVs on the market even though there wasn't much content....8k is just the next marketing ploy. If they want 8k to be the next thing, they will have to kill off production of 4k sets...there's not enough content to drive the consumer that's really content with 1080p into 8kTVs so price will be the trigger.

Currently scanned the market for 80+ set to upgrade my 60" plasma.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis