iPod for Your Bathroom, Anyone?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Sheep said:
Yeah, it is handy. So why not just put an Ipod Hi-Fi or equivilent in there? No need to plug it into the toilet paper dispencer.

SheepStar
Because a lot of people have smaller bathrooms that don't have the space to give up to anything that sits on a shelf. A small bathroom, small sink area... where do you put speakers? Where do you put the main component? There are different ways to do it, sure, but this one is pretty silly, yet elegant. It takes up no more space in the bathroom and adds a functionality that many people may appreciate.

WHY put in an iPod Hi-Fi or equivalent when there is a better solution in the iPot? ;)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
BMXTRIX said:
Because a lot of people have smaller bathrooms that don't have the space to give up to anything that sits on a shelf. A small bathroom, small sink area... where do you put speakers? Where do you put the main component? There are different ways to do it, sure, but this one is pretty silly, yet elegant. It takes up no more space in the bathroom and adds a functionality that many people may appreciate.

WHY put in an iPod Hi-Fi or equivalent when there is a better solution in the iPot? ;)
Well, maybe someone should invent a small speaker system for an Ipod,

Oh wait,

THERE'S A BILLION ALREADY OUT THERE!

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/subclass.asp?catid=22561&mfr=&logon=&langid=EN&sort=0&page=0

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
ironlung said:
Chicken Soup

If it reminds you of something else you should do the right thing and turn your no good hippie a$s in to the police.
Sounds like you're working for your car man, SIMPLIFY MAN!

SheepStar

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Sheep said:
Well, maybe someone should invent a small speaker system for an Ipod,
That DOESN'T take up extra space? There are a billion stupidly identical iPod speaker systems out there, and this is one of the first I've seen that is more than a generic boombox wannabe.

It's like you think it's a bad idea to save room when there may not be room to spare. You are smarter than that! C'mon! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What the hell do you need a "dock" for? Just keep your friggen I-pod in your pocket and use your headphones. That IS what it was designed for, isn't it????

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
j_garcia said:
What the hell do you need a "dock" for? Just keep your friggen I-pod in your pocket and use your headphones. That IS what it was designed for, isn't it????
Music in the bathroom while showering or activities other than the doop doop... :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
OK, I'll give you "other activities", but is the I-pod waterproof? I don't think they are, and it wouldn't be a great idea to have one in the bathroom while taking a shower if not. I'll shoot an e-mail over to a buddy who works at Apple in the iPod group and see if he knows. *edit - just got an e-mail back from my friend. He says none of the iPods are waterproof.

Last edited:
M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
If I was apple marketing (thank the gods I'm not...my flavor of messed up is best not used of this typr of activity), this would be the product name and slogan:

iPood : crap different,

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Drop the d - iPoo :eek:

My buddy says they are "splash" proof, but neither of the connectors, the obvious point of concern, is water safe.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis