iPad will surpass Xbox 360 graphics in a year

A

A resident

Audiophyte
I hate to intervene in the Mac/PC chat, but I'm surprised no one has posted in disagreement with Mr. Schade's statement. This article is far too optimistic.

“I think you can expect some time next year to have rendering capabilities on mobile devices superior to the Xbox 360,”

This may be true for prototypes / high cost custom devices, but consumers will not find themselves with handhelds, such as the iPad, with graphics comparable to an Xbox 360's on the market within a year. No big tech company can, within a years time, create and sell a high performance geared mobile device. The technology isn't here yet, and wont be until, my opinion, mid this decade--for a mass market mobile device.

If he meant Wii graphics... Then I'd say they're already there haha

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
When did this turn into PC vs Mac debate? The article was about the iPad having better graphics then the 360 within a year, I doubt the iPad graphics will ever really be better then the 360's.

No Gamer is going to run out and get it, at least not for gaming. I would pick one up so I could have something to do when I'm hanging out at Starbucks drinking my Iced Peppermint Mocha :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
When did this turn into PC vs Mac debate? The article was about the iPad having better graphics then the 360 within a year, I doubt the iPad graphics will ever really be better then the 360's.

No Gamer is going to run out and get it, at least not for gaming. I would pick one up so I could have something to do when I'm hanging out at Starbucks drinking my Iced Peppermint Mocha :D
I wouldn't be so sure. I think the Ipad could surpass the Xbox 360 pretty easily. The 360 is old technology. I'd gander the 360 is much easier to build games on though. Last time I check graphics don't make a great game. Gameplay does. Gears of War has terrible graphics, but it's an amazing game.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Hello l, while I agree graphics won't make up for the lack of gameplay or a decent storyline. I just can't see how the iPad will have better graphics with it's current hardware, it can have better graphics than the Wii, DS, 3DS and the PSP at this moment in time but better than the 360's it's stretch unless Apple decides to release a new gen of the iPad next year.

T

timmay8612

Audioholic
You obviously have your head squarely planted up your hind end. So OS X is the only good operating system out there? Could of fooled me. What about Ubuntu, what about win xp, what about win 7. All solid operating systems, all relatively easy to use and "maintain". And what do you really mean by "maintain". Are you talking installing and updating. Blocking and repairing virus attacks. Unless you are a complete moron, these processes are quite easy and self explanatory. As far as viruses go, safe web browsing is the best combatant to getting viruses. Of course downloading every single thing and opening every attachment you come across is going to compromise your computer, regardless of the operating system you are using. Even idiots can get easy protection with programs like Komodo and Maleware bytes. You are obviously just another oblivious fan boy that when confronted with cold hard facts that macs are overpriced, results to slandering the competition. And if you read my posts you will see that nowhere in my posts sis I say that OS X is a horrible operating system. I am focusing more on the overpriced nature of their computers.

And for that Iphone I threw away, maybe it gave me more than $60 of satisfaction to smash it and toss it in the trash.

-Greg

If you're lumping Windows XP into the category of "Good OS" then there is no point in arguing this any further. Any OS that requires daily Norton checks, spyware scans, weekly or monthly hard drive defrags due to BSOD, is not a good OS. This was my experience with XP, and thats why I switched.

I'd also like to point out that you're the only one calling names here, not me :rolleyes: so don't even talk to me about slandering anybody. Besides, in print its called libel not slander anyway ;)

As for the iPad, I can't ever imagine having to try and game on something without a mouse or controller, and I sure don't want to have to try and hold the thing up while I stare at it. I'm not in the least bit interested in the iPad.

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
If you're lumping Windows XP into the category of "Good OS" then there is no point in arguing this any further. Any OS that requires daily Norton checks, spyware scans, weekly or monthly hard drive defrags due to BSOD, is not a good OS. This was my experience with XP, and thats why I switched.

I'd also like to point out that you're the only one calling names here, not me :rolleyes: so don't even talk to me about slandering anybody. Besides, in print its called libel not slander anyway ;)

As for the iPad, I can't ever imagine having to try and game on something without a mouse or controller, and I sure don't want to have to try and hold the thing up while I stare at it. I'm not in the least bit interested in the iPad.
Xp is a good operating system, as long as you do all the updates. I still use xp as one of my operating systems, because it has superior SLI performance. BSOD's are generally caused by hardware compatibility issues, and are generally not the fault of the operating system. The can also be caused by people poking around in places in the operating system that they shouldn't be. I have never defraged my hard drive running xp, and it has never caused me any problems.

As for antivirus and maleware scanning, I only scan my PC 1 time a month if that. And only 1 time in the last 12 months did I ever find anything. As stated in my previous post, your computer is only as secure as you make it. You pointed out the problem that you were having with your computer yourself, you were using Norton antivirus.

I admit I should have bit my tongue, and not made it personal with any insults. And for that I apologize. But it is hard sometimes to not get upset when people keep dumping gas on the fire. And when 2 people have opposing fanatical opinions.

As for the Ipad ever matching the graphics capability of the Xbox 360, I doubt that will happen any time soon. And I agree with you that without a controller or mouse and keyboard, there is no hope of it becoming popular with gamers.

-Greg

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
But it is hard sometimes to not get upset when people keep dumping gas on the fire. And when 2 people have opposing fanatical opinions.

-Greg
This is what tim was talking about. Because someone has another opinion does not make it fanatical as you put it. XP is hardly a good OS. I did desktop support for a cooperate office of a major chain of mall stores in a mixed environment of XP and OS X. XP had by far the most issues and were usually the hardest to solve and did the most damage. Most all of the OS X issues were user related and only the rare major issue.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Sounds like my mom :D

"Daniel, where do I plug my camera in?"
"Uhh the one with the matching shape?" Lol
Yeah and my Dad too. Good lord it is a constant battle with him. My wife too for that matter.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis