Invasion on AppleTV

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Pretty good show so far, it’s building slowly but has lots of great character development. Last couple of minutes of episode four has some good hi fi candy but no spoilers from me.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Must be finished by now. Saw the end of ep.10. Are they back?

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
I saw every episode in season 1 (which is now over). To me personally, it wasn’t different and interesting enough to be a good alien story since there are a ton out there.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I stopped watching after episode 2. I thought it was too stupid. :D

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
I didn’t think they would bring this back but it’s here .. watching season 2 only because I’m bored with everything on tv at the moment .. even though I watched a good movie this week , Sisu..

IMG_0483.jpg

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I didn’t think they would bring this back but it’s here .. watching season 2 only because I’m bored with everything on tv at the moment .. even though I watched a good movie this week , Sisu..

View attachment 63015
All season two or is it a weekly deployment? How many episodes?

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
They never released entire season 1 at once .. weekly episode release .. just like all their other shows .

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Watched season two episode one last night, I really enjoy this style of sci-fi and aliens. I just hope they don’t kill it at the end like Falling Skies with some stupid spider or something else silly.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
6.1 score on IMDB after 34k votes. I also enjoy SciFi, I can't waste my little and precious free time on such low rated TV.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I stopped watching after episode 2. I thought it was too stupid. :D
I actually managed to watch the entire season 1. My final verdict - this is a really dumb show. :D There is no way I will watch season 2. I can’t believe they didn’t cancel this show.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
7 episodes into season 1. So far....it's just squeaking by as OK. Very cheesy and korny, and it's a slow roll. I mean, 7 out of 10 episodes in, and it's barely gone anywhere with the story. I hope the pace picks up in the last 3 episodes, otherwise I'm probably done with it.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
6.1 score on IMDB after 34k votes. I also enjoy SciFi, I can't waste my little and precious free time on such low rated TV.
Do you find that the ratings are usually accurate for your taste? Rotten Tomatoes scores tend to be fairly accurate for me, depending. Usually the audience score more so than the Tomatometer score.

This show didn't do well on either. ~55% isn't great.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I think the pace is a little slow, but I actually enjoy it. Of course, I am a bit of a sci-fi nerd.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Do you find that the ratings are usually accurate for your taste? Rotten Tomatoes scores tend to be fairly accurate for me, depending. Usually the audience score more so than the Tomatometer score.

This show didn't do well on either. ~55% isn't great.
Tomato meter score rates on "fresh" - which isn't exactly same thing and I usually disagree with their score. Lately with lots bots votes I find myself relying on imbd score itself, but going over 5-10 most helpful users reviews. Often their average at glance provides a decent feedback.
But in general, due to bots many if not most reviews rating sites are badly broken and no none gives to crap about it. I will specifically point out few major sites like TripAdvisor, Yelp, Amazon, and IMDB of course...

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Totato meter score rates on "fresh" - which isn't exactly same thing and I usually disagree with their score. Lately with lots bots votes I find myself relying on imbd score itself, but going over 5-10 most helpful users reviews. Often their average at glance provides a decent feedback.
But in general, due to bots many if not most reviews rating sites are badly broken and no none gives to crap about it. I will specifically point out few major sites like TripAdvisor, Yelp, Amazon, etc..
Good point. Bots, paid reviews, and ads disguised as reviews are a big problem.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
The problem with getting into alien stories is it’s been done a lot. So you really have to be beyond imaginative and creative with the story . Unfortunately , that’s not present in this story. But I still watched entire season 1 because I’m attracted to these stories regardless. Still haven’t seen anything from season 2; maybe because I’m not motivated enough and I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The problem with getting into alien stories is it’s been done a lot. So you really have to be beyond imaginative and creative with the story . Unfortunately , that’s not present in this story. But I still watched entire season 1 because I’m attracted to these stories regardless. Still haven’t seen anything from season 2; maybe because I’m not motivated enough and I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything.
This topic has been done so many times, so I do not expect much creativity or originality - I wouldn’t hold that against them.

But if they had good writers, it would still be good. The problem is that they didn’t have good writers.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
This topic has been done so many times, so I do not expect much creativity or originality - I wouldn’t hold that against them.

But if they had good writers, it would still be good. The problem is that they didn’t have good writers.
This is one of the main reasons I look at what else the writer/director for a show or movie has done before. If I like their previous work, I'll probably like their new stuff too. If I haven't heard of them, I'll give them a chance, but there have been so many shows that have had new writers, but have been excellent, that it isn't easy to tell.

On the flip side, some shows have very experienced writers with very impressive resumes, but the show sucks because they're just phoning it in.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This is one of the main reasons I look at what else the writer/director for a show or movie has done before. If I like their previous work, I'll probably like their new stuff too. If I haven't heard of them, I'll give them a chance, but there have been so many shows that have had new writers, but have been excellent, that it isn't easy to tell.

On the flip side, some shows have very experienced writers with very impressive resumes, but the show sucks because they're just phoning it in.
Phoning? Meaning they didn't actually write it?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis