Interconnect length question

H

hired goon

Hi,

I'm looking at getting some analog audio interconnects for connecting my pre/pro to my amp.

I only need 0.5m lengths, but some stores that I'm looking at only sell 2.0m lengths. And other stores sell 2.0m lengths for the same price as 0.5m lengths.

Is it really necessary to stick with the minimum 05.m cable length? I can see that having a 2.0m length could be beneficial, if my components start moving around. Or will a 2.0m length cause problems?

-- Geoff

U

Unregistered

hired goon said:
Hi,

I'm looking at getting some analog audio interconnects for connecting my pre/pro to my amp.

I only need 0.5m lengths, but some stores that I'm looking at only sell 2.0m lengths. And other stores sell 2.0m lengths for the same price as 0.5m lengths.

Is it really necessary to stick with the minimum 05.m cable length? I can see that having a 2.0m length could be beneficial, if my components start moving around. Or will a 2.0m length cause problems?

-- Geoff
Nope.

-Bruce

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
Use whatever length cable is convenient for you. :cool:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
hired goon said:
Hi,

-- Geoff

It is not critical for signal transmission but it can be cumbersom back there. Maybe a 1m cable someplace else?

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
Geoff;

I assume you're not in the USA since you're talking metric, but check catalog sources or stores that specialize in auto sound (ICE) where ever you are. Here in the US I have gotten interconnects from Parts Express (partsexpress.com) apparently meant for auto sound that are only one foot and one and a half feet (roughly 0.3m and 0.5m, respectively) long. They work fine and really decrease the clutter "back there".

[Note to my fellow Yanks: ICE stands for "in-car entertainment", the term used for auto sound (and video) in other parts of the world]

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis