Integrated amp vs Integrated TUBE amp vs Stereo SS receiver

What integrated amp sounds better?

• Total voters
braminator

braminator

Junior Audioholic
Looking for pro's and cons' with personal knowledge. I have been looking for a 2 channel set up for my bedroom. It will be simply for my music enjoyment.

I am looking at the following.

Jolida 1501rc tube integrated amp.
Cambridge 640a or 840a
HK 3480 stereo reciever.

Any other recommendation would be apprciated.
Price range around $500-1500

Speaker are the following
Aurum Cantus 2se
Von Schweikert VR1

Any other recommendation would be apprciated.
Price range around $500-1500

C

cornelius

Full Audioholic
I would go with Jolida! Since it's a second system, you might as well have some fun with it. Try checking out a place like Response Audio (responseaudio.com) and see if they could pull off some tweaks. They're pumping out some pretty impressive Jolida mods these days. I think there will be a level of refinement there that would work nicely for 2 channel music listening.

T

treetownal

Audioholic Intern
I just picked up a Jolida 502B to go with a pair of Triangle Zerius speakers for my second system. Very cool setup, the tube sound and the warm glow of the amp is hard to beat.

braminator

braminator

Junior Audioholic
I bought my 1501rc from Bill at Response Audio. I matched it with the Usher X719's. Amazing is all I can say. I Have had the units now for about 2months. loving every minute.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
the HK 3480 won't even exceed 300bucks. I have one and I have no complaints. 120wpc; pre-outs; radio tuner; remote for 300 bucks!
you can even get the 3480 just to use as a pre-amp.

it also has a second set of pre-outs for the subwoofer (full range output)

C

cornelius

Full Audioholic
braminator said:
I bought my 1501rc from Bill at Response Audio. I matched it with the Usher X719's. Amazing is all I can say. I Have had the units now for about 2months. loving every minute.

Great combo! Enjoy!

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
Im pretty surprised to see the results of the poll "which one sounds better" and the HK is in the lead :confused:

The Jolida is simply a better peice of equipment than the HK, if you ask me. In this price range also look at the NAD C320BEE or C372. You can also get a bit more bang for your buck going used. Which is definetly a great way to go for getting great equipment at good prices. Check out www.audiogon.com if you havent already.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Haoleb said:
Im pretty surprised to see the results of the poll "which one sounds better" and the HK is in the lead :confused:
.....people tend to vote what they own and their experience, or lack of it, Haoleb....and one or two even say, :D :D :D , it doesn't matter what you buy, it all sounds the same......

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Had to throw in my vote. I've gotten to hear this combo. It's no joke.

hybrids, not hummers!

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
mulester7 said:
.....people tend to vote what they own and their experience, or lack of it, Haoleb....and one or two even say, :D :D :D , it doesn't matter what you buy, it all sounds the same......
Now, I wonder whom your talking about???:p

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
Come to think of it, I have recently been really looking at Odyssey audio's products, one of which is the "complete $1500 system" Excluding the souce. You get amp, speakers, and cables...

Check it out, I think you'll be pretty intersted, Odyssey doesnt have much for a website, You pretty much have to call and talk to Klaus the owner and manufactuer to place orders or just to chat. but heres a link to a review of the system

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0705/odysseyaudio.htm

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
What is that... a TV cozy?:eek: What, is he the anal retentive reviewer?:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis