Integra dtr 6.4 subwoofer Jack?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't even know what lfe is. Also, what are direct modes?
LFE is the .1 channel in a movie. Bass management can also be used to re-direct bass from other speakers to the sub. Direct mode is generally the content in native form (2.0, 5.1, 7.1 etc) and/or with minimal processing (like no Audyssey equalization); some direct modes would perhaps allow a sub with 2.0, some might not.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I don't even know what lfe is. Also, what are direct modes?
.lfe is Low Frequency Effects, those written into movies and games. Direct modes are "purest" modes that disables some, or all processing.

I'd spend some time with the manual. Some are written well, others can be confusing and that's when forums can sort through it with you.

D

ddjr

Audioholic
EverettT, I'm so glad you said that about some manuals being confusing! I think you are right though, I do need to famialrize myself better with the workings of this receiver. I have been sort of feeling my way, being content with whatever I've been able to figure out. But, as I've seen first hand, there is so much beneficial to be learned. Thanks for all of your help!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Still, RTFM is the best way to get acquainted with your avr's controls and setup possibilities....and after a while they are less confusing, too.

D

ddjr

Audioholic
I've been spending some time with the manual. It's too hard to follow for me... I have set the speakers to small, which has made my subwoofer Jack work but only in the zone 2 section. I wish I had never messed around with the settings without knowing what I was doing...

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I've been spending some time with the manual. It's too hard to follow for me... I have set the speakers to small, which has made my subwoofer Jack work but only in the zone 2 section. I wish I had never messed around with the settings without knowing what I was doing...
What speakers do you have? What sub?

D

ddjr

Audioholic
My speakers are meadowlark kestrel hotrods. The sub is a jbl sub 160. And the receiver is an Integra DTR 6.4.as far as my subwoofer playing in zone 2... I don't even understand what that means! All I know is that it makes some noise, not as loud as it used to. Maybe I should go back into the settings and undo zone 2? I'll fool around with that for a bit

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
What do you have setup in zone 2? A sub connected to main sub out can't play in zone 2.

I'd start with speakers set to small, crossover 60hz for the LR speakers.

D

ddjr

Audioholic
Ok, crossover is at 60. The sub is plugged into zone 2. The Jack in zone 1 doesn't put out any noise

D

ddjr

Audioholic
I'm not sure if that is something I have screwed up in the settings or if the Jack just doesn't work

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not sure if that is something I have screwed up in the settings or if the Jack just doesn't work
Do a factory reset of the unit and start from zero. Re run Audyessey, go back in after and change all speakers to small, with the mains start with 60hz crossover and tweak from there. This will get you started clean.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Part of the auto setup that corrects response of the speaker/sub system. Onkyo sets spearker size and distance, Audyessey makes changes based on your room and speakers.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Start with the reset first. Do you have the Audyessey mic that came with the unit?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Best way might be to post up some of what you don't understand for further explanation.

Zone 2 doesn't have a sub pre-out. Plus, there's a line out for zone 2 as well as a pre-out for zone 2....what did you connect to?

I'm with the idea of a reset then starting fresh. It could be possible the sub pre-out isn't functioning, tho....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis